Director, Global Operational Pricing & Analytics
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Primary Job Function:
Global Operational Pricing and Analytics Director, Global Market Access and Pricing (GMAP), will be responsible for leading a team accountable for operational pricing and pricing analytics support across AbbVie portfolio, to inform strategic pricing and access decisions. This role will report to the Senior Director, Global Strategic Pricing and Analytics, in GMAP.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develops a high-performing operational pricing and analytics team within GMAP organization, by evolving the operational pricing and building pricing analytics capabilities
- Responsible for ensuring harmonization and consistency in all operational pricing and analytics activities across TAs, including implementation, monitoring, managing and updating any pricing processes.
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring, managing and updating the global pricing governance process, compliant pricing data handling and reporting, ensuring functionality of the pricing tools, databases and systems and other components of the operational pricing and analytics toolbox/catalogue
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring onboarding and training plans related to operational pricing (pricing governance, and associated tools (eg pricing business case templates) and systems) for relevant stakeholders across the organization, as per the pricing governance
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing the pricing business cases across the portfolio and for preparation of the review by Executive Pricing Council, in line with the global pricing governance
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the pricing calendar supporting planning of pricing business case reviews/approvals and the pricing contribution and alignment with the financial processes (LRP, plans, GMAP/area reviews)
- Responsible for managing the process, coordinating, ensuring timely and harmonized pricing input within the pricing team to financial processes (LRP/plan)
- Responsible for ensuring alignment and harmonization of pricing information and collaboration, across pricing and finance system and processes (plan, LRP), through close collaboration with Finance
- Responsible for providing operational and pricing analytical oversight, including:
- Conduct of International Reference Pricing assessment and impact on revenues, in support of country price change requests, financial processes (LRP, plan) or other strategic business needs (eg policy impact)
- Conduct of pricing analytics (eg indication or launch sequence, in market price performance, P&R scenario and risk assessment) supporting strategic business questions and hypotheses aimed at informing pricing and access strategies, in close collaboration with the strategic pricing leads, the Decision Support Group (DSG), HTA Analytics Head and other key partners
- Development/update of advanced pricing tools (eg trade off models, erosion curves, innovative payment models assessment tool) for a specific asset/TA or agnostic, in close collaboration with the strategic pricing leads, DSU, Finance and other key partners.
- Development of analytical methodologies and frameworks, in close collaborate with the DSG, HTA analytics and other key partners.
- Advancing pricing analytical approaches, by leveraging a variety of actuarial/financial, pricing or statistical approaches, and develop common analytical standards across the portfolio
- Serves as an internal expert on operational pricing and analytics, providing training to the organization on pricing tools or analytical approaches
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders and organizational leaders, including Global Market Access and Pricing (GMAP), affiliate and Area Market Access, Finance, GMCO, GCD, Commercial and DSG
- Monitors project progress, facilitates prioritization of team's activities, manages workload and ensures appropriate resource allocation, to meet critical deadlines under challenging time constraints
- Provides regular performance feedback, development and coaching to direct reports
- MSc or MPhil (required) or PhD (preferred) in Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Health Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics or any other related quantitative field with at least 9 years of relevant experience
- Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry and a sound understanding of access, health economics and commercialization process is required
- Demonstrated track record of direct management and supervision of pricing, finance, health economists, or other personnel
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in the following aspects is required:
- building a high-performance team
- design and/or implementation of financial or pricing processes
- financial planning, forecasting or demand planning
- designing or implementing pricing strategies at country level
- Ability to communicate financial impact of pricing initiatives on overall business objectives is required.
- Ability to synthetize, critically analyze, efficiently communicate large volume of information, develop identify risks, recommendations and implement solutions is required.
- Ability to translate and communicate the organization's strategy, asset value, brand vision and access strategy into innovative pricing strategy is required.
- Ability to consistently provide clear and concise written and verbal communication; excellent presentation skills;
- Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience to lead and influence. Requires high levels of competence, confidence and credibility. Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting .
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required
- Experience interacting with P&R agencies and knowledge of top key markets health care systems and/or pricing regulations (EU5, Canada, Japan, US) is required
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written) is required
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.