Integration Delivery Lead
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
AbbVie International Commercial Organization is looking for an Integration Delivery Lead for the Data and Integration team to manage the architecture, design, development and release of APIs, Microservices with Hybrid Cloud Bus architecture to enable real time integration of data and applications. This position is responsible for delivery of global integration projects by defining the release plan in collaboration with Product Owners, Program Managers, Architects, Business analysts & Platform Engineering team, lead the development team to deliver the features as per the release plan. Fallow AbbVie SLC process to ensure compliance to deliver quality and validated systems. Stay on top of technology trends, agile project management and perform the required technical research and due diligence when necessary to recommend the use of new technology capabilities. The individual on this position will also work very close to the Affiliate stakeholders and the external agencies and plays a key role in establishing, executing and supporting business critical system integrations across the International Commercial Organization.
- Provide guidance and assistance to development teams in regards to integration functionality, e.g. Web Services using SOAP vs REST, documentation of integration patterns, and prototype of integration patterns in standard technologies
- Translate user requirements into effective solution architectures
- Manage technical team (onsite & offshore) including but not limited to architects, tech leads, project managers, developers, QA engineers, administrators and provide them the necessary support to ensure that the final deliverables meet the functional and quality requirements of our business.
- Manage and oversee day to day activities of team and ensure adherence to AbbVie standards in project execution methodology, requirements gathering, quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Meets regularly with members of the development teams to get feedback on any areas for improvement; Provide visibility to product owner on the status, costs, and risks in delivering project.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Software development lifecycle Policies and procedures.
- Develop and continuously improve/optimize delivery process for sustainable, scalable and repeatable solution delivery.
- Measure the quality of solution delivery & production operations; track and report the project spend; Capacity planning and resource optimization;
- Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Project Team, Cross-functional teams and Executive management. Makes recommendations based on current project status to resolve issues.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify possible crises and devise contingency plans
- Oversee and in some cases provide estimates for all resources required to achieve project goals and manage assigned budget throughout execution of project
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in managing and implementing integration solutions
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing solutions based upon integration technologies (e.g. Mulesoft, Kafka, TIBCO BW, Apigee)
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing Web Service integration solutions (e.g. REST, SOAP, Node JS, Event Publication and Correlation Strategies, Miroservices)
- At least 3 years of experience in project management and business systems analysis
- Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
- Determines and develops approach and solutions to problem.
- Ability to work closely with users and translating user requirements into solution designs
- Demonstrated success facilitating design workshops and influencing others
- Knowledge and experience in developing solutions compliant with regulatory and legal requirements within the Pharmaceutical Industry is a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.