Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
Reporting to the Sr. Contracts Manager, this position shall be responsible for the day-to-day contracts & subcontract administration for a portfolio of contracts in support of a Program Office Team which requires strong guidance and contract support in a collaborative fashion.
- Provide cradle-to-grave contract and subcontract administration for Cost Reimbursable, FFP and Time &Material contract types;
- Administer highly complex contract(s) & subcontracts containing multiple contract types and multiple contract line items;
- Participating in day-to-day contract administration activities;
- Draft contracts, contract modifications, agreements, terms and conditions, correspondence and other contract related documents;
- Act as a representative liaison and point of contact with the Customer on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for contract modifications, submittal of consent to subcontract, when applicable;
- Act as a representative liaison and point of contact with major subcontractors on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for new subcontracts and subcontract modifications;
- Act as a representative liaison and point of contact for coordination and communication with all departments on contract related issues;
- Maintain contract files (e.g. contracts, correspondence, modifications, data deliverables, lists) in accordance with government regulations and company policies;
- Assist in new business pursuits to include but not limited to; reviewing solicitations and lead/manage the preparation of cost/business proposal volumes compliant with federal government solicitations;
- Analyze and interpret contract requirements, including all terms and conditions and FAR/HHSAR/DFARS to ensure compliance with same;
- Assist in the identification, development, implementation and maintenance of Contracts Department practices, policies, procedures and guidelines; and
- Maintain a strong understanding of the Company's overall business strategy and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications for contracting activities.
- Monitor contracts for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies and initiate corrective action as required
- Research and interpret government regulations as they apply to contracts and advise program management staff and other company personnel of contractual rights, responsibilities and obligations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years government contracting experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with dedicated work under U.S. Government Contracts/FAR based Federal contracting may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
- Proven self-starter with exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and dedication to customer service - both external & internal customers
- Must possess negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Must have a working knowledge of FAR
- Must have experience and be knowledgeable in all aspects of Federal Government acquisition (i.e. solicitation/RFP development, proposal evaluation, negotiations, source selection, determination of fair and reasonable pricing, contract administration and close-out)
- Must have knowledge of Cost-Plus and FFP contract types, including hybrids.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with SAP a plus;
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess sound judgment and creativity that can be applied to resolution of contract issues
- Experience with HHS/BARDA/NIAID and DoD contracts, a plus
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.