Sr. Manager, Technology License & Collaboration
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Work with Director, to effectively partner in defining contracting/licensing strategy for R&D.
- Serve as limited scientific support within for protocols/questions, etc. for agreements.
Draft, negotiate and execute a wide variety of agreements with varying complexity (such as data and other intellectual property license agreements, feasibility, research & development and clinical supply agreements, collaborative and consortium agreements, etc.), including determination of internal strategy and deliverable requirements, definition of major terms, and effective negotiation strategies.
- May be involved in developing strategic sourcing strategies with the R&D business and actively help manage supplier relationships where necessary.
- Review and analyze performance of vendors under direction of the Director for Vendor support and help to develop solutions to ensure overall performance and quality of services and effectively manage relationship.
- Manage interactions with external parties.
- Communicate status of negotiations with key stakeholders proactively.
- Provide alliance management support for both new and legacy R&D agreements that are not governed by Alliance Management and work cooperatively with Alliance Management to support transactions involving those collaborations that Alliance Management does govern.
- Ensure compliance with Purchasing, Finance, Ethics, Legal, Data Privacy & Security, and other corporate policies.
- Promote AbbVie as a partner of choice in all external communications and dealings and work to build the AbbVie brand.
- 7+ years pharmaceutical industry experience. College degree is a minimum. Science preferred.
- Contracting/licensing experience required
- Expert knowledge of multidisciplinary operations.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing complex processes and high impact projects.
- Excellent cross-functional negotiating skills and multi-faceted operational skills.
Ability to communicate/present key information to senior/executive management stakeholders.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.