Director - Payer Marketing - Eyecare
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Director, Payer Marketing - Eye Care
You are more than just a job title, YOU ARE:
Eye Care Payer/Market Access Expert: Work cross functionally to drive the profitable access and reimbursement for the Eyecare franchise and be the primary owner of brand access strategy, development, and implementation across all segments and channels.
• Support overall Access Strategy and tactical tools for each segment, Value Proposition Development, strategic development and execution of specific Managed Care promotional pieces; development of, and participation in, various brand team meetings, Managed Care specific meetings, training, and workshops, as necessary.
• Lead a cross functional team to achieve overall access goals including but not limited to Brand Team, RBA team, Distribution team, Pricing, HEOR, HOMSL, Payer Solutions, Account Management, Contracting, Medical, and Sales.
• Coordinate with Pricing and HEOR, on overall GTN strategy, Pricing and Identifying gaps in the current Value Proposition and be responsible for securing commitments from HEOR to pursue additional studies as appropriate.
• Provide segment insights to the organization and will act as an integral part of the brand planning process, taking accountability for the development and execution of Access strategies and tactics for each segment and channel.
• Develop plans and execute key programs aligned with overall strategy to improve product access, reimbursement, drive sales and profitable relationships with key accounts, government market segment, and other channels important to individual brand access.
• Projects to support the Eye care portfolio as assigned. Areas of focus will include, but not limited to : Pull through strategy, Portfolio strategy, Strategic Marketing, Brand Value Proposition Development, potential contracting strategy with customers, e.g. HCP, payer.
• Provide leadership to effectively meet and exceed brand market access, and corporate objectives.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and all cross-functional team members to promote brand, market access and corporate objectives.
• Coordinate with Account Management teams on strategy for Federal, National and top regional accounts, including identifying areas for customer collaboration and partnership.
• Present at various internal brand team meetings and the annual Eyecare Market Access marketing / strategic plan.
• Develop access dashboards to support the business as needed.
• Travel 10-20% of the time to meet with Payer customers, vendors as appropriate
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong background and knowledge of the US Reimbursement landscape for pharmaceutical products (both Pharmacy and Medical [buy and bill] reimbursement preferred).
• At least 3 years experience with health outcomes work, Budget Impact models and developing Payer Value propositions
• Well versed in Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, other government, LTC and specialty segments
• At least 3 years of Managed Markets experience in various roles with strong emphasis on product and account strategy.
• Thorough understanding of marketing principles and practices within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry including a demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans, conduct and interpret market research, and understand the regulatory environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.