Sr. Manager, Revenue
Being a part of MyoKardia means you are a pioneer at heart, a go getter, a part of something meaningful. We push the boundaries, embrace uncertainty and challenge conventional thinking to make the biggest impact on people's lives - because we believe that a better solution is out there. We roll up our sleeves and get to work on making things happen - when the outcome of our work changes lives, action is a moral must. Each of us has a hand in shaping the future of our company, our industry and people's lives because the passion in each and every one of us is what makes the difference.
If you are someone who dares to explore the unknown; who takes action in the face of uncertainty; who is passionate and driven about making a real difference in people's lives... then you belong at MyoKardia.
MyoKardia is looking for an experienced revenue accountant to support the company's growth toward becoming a global, multi-product commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Manager, Revenue has ownership of all aspects of technical revenue recognition including the policy and working on any collaboration revenue accounting. This role must understand, analyze, and communicate financial impacts throughout the organization and will routinely partner with various levels within the organization across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for revenue recognition and reporting, in accordance with US GAAP. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this role will partner closely with key stakeholders across the organization, including senior leadership, and have the opportunity to streamline and optimize processes and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be responsible for:
- Provide technical accounting guidance on various topics including revenue recognition, collaboration accounting, gross-to-net, and other topics as needed.
- Calculation of monthly gross-to-net sales deduction reserves and validation of chargebacks and maintain gross-to-net model and deduction rates within the Company's financial systems.
- Oversee Government Pricing BPO provider and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Create and maintain strong revenue and gross-to-net controls, including design, implementation, and documentation of key controls (SOX).
- Partners with manufacturing team members and FP&A to ensure accurate accounting of inventory activities, maintain strong inventory and cost of sales controls, coordinate physical inventory counts, and maintain accurate and complete documentation; Model forecasted gross-to-net projections to provide insights to senior management.
- Active participant in the Pricing Committee.
- Model potential contracting scenarios on behalf of Market Access and present results to senior management
- Execution of month-end close activities, including analysis/reconciliation and presentation of revenues and revenue discounts.
- Oversee outsourced 3PL's management of accounts receivables (A/R) including interface with internal distribution team.
- Perform ad-hoc technical accounting projects as requested by finance management team and assist auditors in handling technical inquiries.
- Cross-train in other senior accounting management roles to be able to backfill colleagues when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in business (Accounting/Finance/Economics) or related field.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- CPA and experience with accounting for revenue under ASC 606 for a pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical organization, specifically gross-to-net rebate accounting.
- 7-10 years business experience in public accounting with biopharmaceutical clients preferred; direct employment in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP required, with expertise in ASC 606 and related internal controls.
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills and proficiency with Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Unquestionable integrity and judgment.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with multiple functional areas.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and good independent judgment.
- Works on multiple problems of complex scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.