Bioinformatics Scientist - Single Cell Seq
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patients individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor. In principle, this technology can be used to treat any cancer type.
If you desire a stimulating fast paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are about eradicating cancer, come join our team!
What you will do:
Working in the bioinformatics group and collaborating with immunologists as well as software engineers. The primary focus is to develop and improve our bioinformatics algorithms for neoantigen-targeted T cell therapy against cancer which includes:
- Design, develop, and apply computational and statistical methods to characterize and monitor our T cell products, and analyze our novel complex datasets, including single-cell sequencing, NGS data of research/clinical specimens, high-throughput assays, clinical information and more
- Devise and conduct experiments to evaluate new technologies and integrate advances in diverse fields of biological, computer, data science and clinical sciences into our computational infrastructure and workflows
- Produce well-written, well-documented, and well-behaved software components
- Work in a highly collaborative and cross-disciplinary team to deliver quantitative, mechanistic, and scalable support for clinical trials
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- Post Doc or 2+ years of related experience
- Proficiency in Python (required), R, Bash, git, docker etc.
- Strong commands of single-cell sequencing technology and data analysis as well as machine learning optimization/algorithm development techniques for large complex datasets
- Demonstrate scientific acumen to identify questions bioinformatics approaches can address, and have the skills to develop solutions both independently and collaboratively
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects and meet assigned deliverables
- Critical about data integrity, quality assurance, and documentation.
- Passionate about writing clean reusable code and efficient test cases
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective in solving and communicating complex issues to relevant stakeholders
- Experience in cloud computing with AWS or Google platforms
- Clear understanding of cancer biology and tumor immunology is a plus
- Industrial experience with regulatory-compliance environments, i.e. SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, FDA, is a plus
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.