Senior ScientistII/Associate Director, Immunology Req#2077
Encoded is seeking a highly motivated scientist with expert knowledge and experience in developing assays devoted to understanding immune responses to gene therapy vectors. The successful candidate will lead projects implementing those assays in both non-clinical models and clinical setting with the goal of advancing AAV-based genetic therapies for people living with serious and rare genetic diseases.
The Senior Scientist II/Associate Director is an experienced immunologist who will perform and oversee characterization of immune responses to gene therapy vectors in primate models to support the Encoded pipeline products. As an important member of the Translational research team this individual will be responsible for method development, projects related to testing in non-clinical studies and further integrating results in studies leading to regulatory filings. Additionally, lead efforts to transfer the assays to CROs for use in clinical studies. Strong analytical and method development skills with ability to perform and coordinate activities both within internal teams and external partners are required.
- Develop and perform sensitive cell-based ELISpot assays to measure activated T-cell responses to protein peptides
- Manage multiple immunology work streams and integrate results from a wide breadth of immune assays for gene therapy-based therapeutics
- Work to identify external CRO’s to facilitate method transfer, provide scientific monitoring and ensure robust qualified or validated assays are available for clinical sample assessments
- Provide immunology expertise in the analysis and interpretation of results to integrate with the overall nonclinical studies
- Author and review method development SOPs, qualification, validation and sample testing reports for regulatory submissions
- Communicate immunology related results with clarity at cross-functional meetings
- Oversee and mentor research associate(s) and/or junior scientists in the conduct of preclinical studies
- Contribute to manuscripts, posters, regulatory briefing book sections to disseminate results from immunology studies
- PhD in Immunology or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with successful track record related to immunology projects in Translational sciences
- Familiarity with wide array of immune assay methods including cell-based and plate-based assays to titer antibody responses, flow cytometry-based measurements for T-cell responses, to delivered recombinant proteins
- Extensive hands-on experience in conducting INF-gamma ELISPOT assays with monocytes from peripheral blood and other tissues from preclinical or clinical samples
- Strong practical knowledge of method development, troubleshooting, qualification and validation, along with understanding of bioanalytical regulatory guidelines
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively communicate across internal cross functional teams
- Personnel characteristics of integrity, teamwork and commitment to excellence to fit with Encoded core values for success
- Gene or Cell therapy drug development experience
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.