Associate Scientist Pharmacology
About the Position
Zymeworks is seeking an Associate Scientist to join the Pharmacology team to assess the therapeutic potential of pipeline candidates in in vivo immuno-oncology experiments. The successful candidate will join a growing, highly motivated team dedicated to advancing novel therapeutics from early phase through preclinical development.
This position reports to a Senior Scientist, Pharmacology within the Translational Sciences group and will be based in Seattle, WA.
• Provides leadership, mentorship, and scientific/technical guidance to an in vivo research team.
• Plans and manages the execution of in vivo immuno-oncology efficacy and PD experiments in collaboration with project team representatives.
• Evaluates emerging technologies, develops new in vivo models, and establishes protocols.
• Analyzes data using software including Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo and authors electronic lab notebook.
• Summarizes and presents results in a logical manner, verbally and in written reports or presentations. May present data at project team meetings.
Qualifications and Education
• PhD with at least a 1 year of experience or MSc in a scientific discipline in biological sciences and a minimum of 7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expertise in running xenograft, syngeneic, or humanized mouse tumor models and in mammalian cell culture.
• Expertise in planning and executing in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate efficacy, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, tolerability, and mechanism of action.
• Direct experience analyzing ex vivo samples by multi-color flow cytometry.
• Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional scientific project.
• Experience initiating & designing operations/protocols in a new in vivo facility is desired.
• Proficient in animal handling, dosing (SC, IP, IV), collection of blood and tumor samples.
• Supervisory experience required.
Why work for us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.