Associate Director, Transformation Management Office
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Kite is now recognized as the world leader in Cell Therapy, and our Immuno-Oncology based pipeline has paved the way for exceptional expansion. An important capability within the enterprise is the Transformation Management Office (TMO), whose purpose is to maximize Kite's competitive advantage by building organizational agility, accelerating value realization and executing the transformation agenda. The TMO acts as a partner and talent pool, fostering best in class capabilities and driving accountability to advance business effectiveness and deliver the value of transformation.
Reporting to the Head of TMO, this Associate Director will work closely with Kite functions to operationalize strategy, lead specific projects and programs and facilitate cross-functional collaboration.
Are you interested in performing enterprise level transformations in an agile Cell Therapy setting? Come join us in our mission to cure cancer!
- Partner with functional leaders to identify strategic and operational opportunities and align corporate strategic imperatives with operational execution
- Drive the successful implementation of mission critical programs or projects, including but not limited to:
- Monitor initiative performance, ensure accountability and mitigate risk to maximize transformation effort value
- Oversee program portfolio, set priorities, create logical work plans and communicate progress of relevant cross-functional projects to leadership
- Develop executive communications and presentations related to program status, critical path activity timing, resources required and related issues and / or risks
- Act as a thought partner among Kite's leadership team to champion continuous improvement, new ideas and transformational initiatives
- Manage cross-functional teams in a highly ambiguous environment, by influencing and partnering with senior executives
- Support the Head of the TMO in fully standing up the Transformation Management Office by refining operating model and capabilities, and supporting growth in acquisition and integration activity
- Demonstrate active listening and provide feedback within the TMO to facilitate problem solving, decision making, and issue resolution
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience, or 8+ years of experience and a MS, MBA or PhD
- 4+ years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience in program or project management is desired
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Experience managing cross-functional workstreams
- Experience in influencing executive-level audiences
- Proficient in working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly fluid environment with minimal guidance
- Experience with Agile methodologies for project execution
- Strong program management skills
- Understanding of drug development is a plus
- Knowledgeable with cGMP manufacturing as well as regulatory regulations and requirements for pharmaceuticals and devices is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to express ideas and present information effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in project planning tools, content management tools and collaborative technology
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.