Area Sales Manager
Twice named one of the top 100 Companies to Work for in Washington State, we’re a life science tools supplier and we enable customer development and commercialization of life-saving cell and gene therapies. We welcome you to apply to join our dynamic, high-energy corporate culture. Here you will find a performance-based, family-oriented environment where authentic and respectful communication is required.
We develop, manufacture and market proprietary hypothermic storage and freeze media solutions for the regenerative medicine market. Public listing on the NASDAQ under ticker symbol BLFS, all team members are eligible to receive equity awards. Please visit our website https://www.biolifesolutions.com.
General Summary and Purpose:
The Area Sales Manager is a core team member of the North American Sales Team. The position is field based, working from a home office, with the primary function being the growth and support of the BioLife platform of products (Media, Thawing technologies and Cold Chain). This is a relationship and consultative based position, focusing on the Cell and Gene Therapy market, with multiple call points in the Biopharma and Academic arena. Success will be defined by the ability to meet or exceed specified sales objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow customer base, identifying current or prospective customers needs and recommend appropriate product solutions
- Execution of all phases or the commercial process including initial qualification, product evaluations and adoption of our products in customers manufacturing process.
- Extensive travel to develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective and current customers.
- Attendance and presentations at regional and national trade shows and scientific data.
- Perform necessary administrative tasks to support regional and company-wide including Salesforce maintenance and weekly/monthly reports.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position reports to Director of Sales, North America
- Self-Starter, with excellent time and territory management skills, who operates well within a team environment
- Strong presentation skills (individual and group presentations)
- Written and Verbal communication proficiency
- 5+ years of proven sales success in the Life Sciences/Medical Device industry. Experienced Candidates with contacts and work experience in the cell and gene therapy market will be given priority and preference.
- Education: BS degree in business, biomedical engineering, cellular and molecular biology or chemistry
- Software: Salesforce Strong business tool experience and skills to include MS office suite of products and CRM systems (preferably Salesforce).
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 80%
“BioLife Solutions provides a substance-free workplace and all offers of employment will be contingent on opiate drug test.”
BioLife Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.