Senior Research Associate, QC and Analytical Development
StrideBio is a product-driven, fully integrated gene therapy company focused on creating and developing innovative genetic medicines with life-changing or curative potential for patients with devastating conditions, including monogenic rare disease and beyond.
We leverage our proprietary structure-inspired adeno-associated virus (AAV) vector engineering platform (STRIVE) to create unique and differentiated vectors that improve upon naturally occurring AAV serotypes to overcome current limitations of first-generation gene therapies. Combined with our genetic construct design expertise and in-house manufacturing capabilities, StrideBio is positioned to generate best-in-class genetic medicines that allow more patients to benefit with maximum efficiency, leading to improved treatment outcomes.
Our team is comprised of accomplished leaders and talented, passionate colleagues with a desire to translate innovative science into treatments. Together with our collaborators we are making rapid progress on our mission to bring novel medicines to patients who desperately need them. StrideBio's offices, labs and manufacturing facility are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park, NC, within 10 miles of downtown
We seek a motivated individual at the Senior Research Associate level to join the Quality Control and Analytical Development team. This individual will work on problems of diverse scope and will assist R&D and manufacturing activities in the application of novel recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vectors. You will execute developed analytical assays under supervision in the testing of gene therapy in-process and final products. In addition, you will work within a team and utilize your problem-solving skills to develop and optimize new analytical methods. You bring strong multitasking skills since there are typically multiple concurrent projects. You do not accept anything less than timely completion of analytical testing, while bringing strong technical and laboratory documentation skills.
Prior experience performing plate or cell-based assays is a strong plus. Knowledge of FDA guidelines on method development/validation and/or ICH analytical procedures is also a plus. This is an 80%+ lab-based position in a BSL II material laboratory.
- Perform laboratory techniques including SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, alkaline gel electrophoresis, ELISAs, endotoxin testing, qPCR, ddPCR, primer/probe design, infectivity assays, and potency assays
- Prepare buffers and other reagents needed for experiments
- Maintain sample inventory
- Give presentations and effectively present data within the QC/AD team meetings
- Review and compile experimental data with minimal oversight and contribute results for reports or publications
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of laboratory activities via electronic documentation (Benchling) etc.
- Interface with other departments (Production, Process Development, Programs, etc.) as necessary
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or related disciplines with 4+ years of experience is required (prefer experience from a biotech or pharmaceutical setting related to biological manufacturing or testing)
- M.S. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or related disciplines with 2+ years of experience is required (prefer experience from a biotech or pharmaceutical setting related to biological manufacturing or testing)
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced laboratory environment
- Must have excellent attention to detail, along with organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Must be a self-motivated and driven professional who can effectively perform in a rapidly changing, small company environment
- Must be able to work independently, but is also a team player with strong collaborative skills
- Previous experience working in a cGMP or cGLP environment
- Familiarity with electronic laboratory notebooks
- Experience with qPCR, ddPCR, ELISAs, and plate-based assays (cell and other 96/384-well assays)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including:
- Stock Options and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health insurance
- Matching 401k plans (both Pre-tax and Roth Post-tax)
- Life/AD&D, Long-term and Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary: Supplemental Life, Critical Illness, Group Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Identity Theft Protection
Additionally, we provide the following perks:
- Relocation Services
- Retail Member Discount Programs
- Complimentary onsite gym membership
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Socials, happy hours, and other events throughout the year (currently "virtual")