Field Service Engineer
Intabio is a venture-funded technology company committed to revolutionizing the way biopharmaceutical drugs are developed and produced. We have assembled a stellar team of innovators known for creating groundbreaking technologies for molecular characterization and drug discovery. Our first product, the Blaze™ system, provides a novel approach to high-throughput detection and identification of subtle protein modifications - modifications that can undermine the stability and efficacy of life-saving drugs such as monoclonal antibodies. Our early technology partners include many of the world's most successful biopharmaceutical companies.
Intabio has an opening for a Field Service Engineer located on the east coast. This individual will bring their industry experience to interactions with pharmaceutical and biotechnology customers and will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of the Blaze ™ instrument. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a Field Service Engineer and has worked with scientists in the drug-discovery field. This field-based position and is a key part of the Service and Support team who will be responsible for providing post-sales instrumentation support to customers. This position reports to the Field Service Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Installation, repair, qualification and preventative maintenance of Blaze and other analytical instruments
- Optimize hardware configurations
- Balance multiple field service activities
- Maintain positive relationships with pharma customer base and internal development team
- Communicate technical issues to management and product development teams to ensure effective complaint handling
- Effectively document repair solutions so the organization can learn from each successful repair
- Proactively respond to potential equipment issues to increase customer system up time
- Bachelor's degree in a Chemistry/Biochemistry/Electrical/Electronic discipline, minimum of an Associates' degree or equivalent combination of industry experience and technical training
- 5+ years of industry experience required in biopharma analytical work or field service work supporting instrumentation in the life sciences industry, and 2+ years as a Field Service Engineering manager/supervisor/lead
- Experience with iCIEF and/or Mass Spec instrumentation a plus
- Experience qualifying analytical instrumentation
- Capacity to understand technical issues specific to equipment types and propose solutions.
- Highly organized, competent, and able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with interfacing mass spectrometers with additional instrumentation, remote support tools, salesforce.com a plus