Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Analyst
NextCure is a biopharmaceutical company located in Beltsville, MD, and focuses on the discovery and development of first-in-class biologic therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other immune-related diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated M&A Analyst to identify and analyze M&A opportunities from a scientific, clinical, commercial, operational, and strategic fit, and to develop appropriate financial models to evaluate valuation, risk and deal structure. The M&A Analyst also will analyze industry prospects and acquisition targets by gathering information about growth, competitors and market size. The role requires a high energy and enthusiastic individual with a tenacious personality and a strong desire to achieve. The ideal candidate should have a genuine interest in learning, working with urgency, capable of reading situations, inspiring respect, doing the thinking for others, and constantly adapting to changing environments.
• Development of various financial models and strategies to evaluate and value in-licensing, mergers, acquisitions, and capital raising transactions.
• Perform various valuation methods and strategic value-creating assessments – comparable companies, precedents, and DCFs based on product potential revenue stream.
• Develop recommendations for product offerings, in-licensing, mergers and acquisitions, and valuations.
• Conduct preparation, review of materials, and coordinate internal scientific and strategic reviews.
• Develop relationships with new and existing companies in order to expand collaborations and the business.
• Lead research, analysis, due diligence activities and cross-functional teams to efficiently assess M&A opportunities.
• Create presentations for strategic outreach.
• Evaluate ongoing industry technical, scientific, and business trends.
• Provide general operational support, including business analysis.
Required education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree; higher degree preferred; MBA is a plus
• 3+ years of experience in a finance/banking and scientific/medical industry
• Strive in a fast-paced and capable of working real time in team-based environment with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of deal structuring and closing principals.
• Ability to see opportunity, articulate value proposition to internal stakeholders and facilitate decision making process.
• Impeccable research, quantitative and analytical skills, especially in explaining synergistic healthcare market events.
• Ability to organize and track overlapping tasks and assignments, with frequent priority changes.
• Strong financial modeling skills and scientific/medical understanding.
• Comprehensive understanding of biological sciences, immunology and drug development, including approval and registration track to best evaluate future revenue based on the anticipated treatment paradigm.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement when analyzing situations and processing information.
• Ability to prepare and communicate story supported by scientific, clinical and financial data.
NextCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a scientifically engaged teamwork environment.