Principal Scientist/Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry
Nura Bio is a newly formed, privately held, VC-funded biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel neuroprotective drugs for the prevention of axon degeneration and neuroinflammation for the treatment of neurological diseases of the peripheral, central and ocular nervous system. At Nura Bio, we strive for a world where debilitating neurological diseases will be addressed with our transformative medicines. To achieve this bold mission, we are seeking outstanding talent which will enhance our innovative science and add to our culture of integrity, collaboration and purpose. We are located in South San Francisco, California.
At Nura Bio, we offer the opportunity to advance revolutionary neurodegenerative research and participate in the growth of a premier neurobiology company from the beginning. We also offer competitive compensation, equity and benefits.
The Medicinal Chemistry group at Nura Bio is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist/Associate Director to aid in the discovery of new molecules for debilitating neurological indications. Reporting to the Head of Medicinal Chemistry you will focus on developing a pipeline of neuroprotective agents. As an early member of the Research and Development team, you will foster a culture of scientific excellence, rigorous innovation, collaboration and fun!
In this role, you will:
- Lead medicinal chemistry efforts toward the rational design of neuroprotective molecules
- Management and leadership of CRO chemistry teams through strong synthetic and medicinal chemistry skills
- Participate in recruiting, coaching, and developing internal talent
- Create and execute strategy to protect and expand intellectual property
- Collaborate and communicate across a dynamic multi-disciplinary scientific team to successfully progress scientific goals
- Rely on your strong interpersonal and communication skills to build transparent and collaborative relationships
To be considered, you must have the following:
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry with 7+ years pharmaceutical medicinal chemistry industrial experience
- Expert understanding of medicinal chemistry concepts along with strong working knowledge of protein-ligand interactions, conformational and structural analysis to enable creative solutions to drug discovery issues
- Exceptional knowledge of ADME, physicochemical, biochemical and pharmacological principles as applied to drug discovery
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong synthetic problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership capability in cross-functional team setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to present the rationale, data, issues and accomplishments of the team
If you have the experience we are seeking and would like the opportunity to contribute to our mission, we would like to hear from you! Local candidates are preferred, but all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Nura Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.