Associate Director, Program Management
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Leads development and execution of program/project plans for key brand Global Operations team(s) (GO team(s)). Position may also provide support for the Global Pharmaceutical Development & Supply (GPS) strategic Change-the-Business (CTB) portfolio and select strategic Run-the-Business (RTB) programs/projects. Lead and direct complex, cross-functional, multi-site teams and workstreams, ensuring comprehensive planning and optimal execution of plans. Assignments may include team leadership, and operational responsibilities for governance and teams. Ensure interactions and timely collaboration with GPS ecosystem, manufacturing site Project Management Offices (PMOs), key stakeholders and supporting functions. Proactively identify and facilitate risks, mitigations, resolution and escalation of issues, tracking and communicating status to stakeholder including leadership team. Managing program/projects and teams with passion, innovation, speed and accountability.
Lead planning and execution of integrated, complex plans and teams, including GO team(s) as program/project manager. Position may also provide leadership to strategic GPS programs & projects, tech transfer governance, or GO team program management and other critical initiatives as defined by GPS management. Programs/Projects may include, but are not limited to, those identified during the annual strategy planning process, strategic run-the-business initiatives, transformation, integration, due diligence, business continuity, product launches, major change management, Quality & Compliance, Established Brands, Operations, Product Development, Supply Chain, and significant regulatory activities.
- Develop and provide performance oversight and reporting of GO Team goals and objectives.
- Establish the approved brand project portfolio, working with sponsors to define scope and deliverables, define project team and project management resource requirements and work within the PMO ecosystem to identify project managers.
- Provide disciplined project prioritization and oversight to the GO Team book-of-work as defined by the SPL, GO Team and related sub-teams.
- Manage the GO Team project portfolio and "change-space." Support development, approval, execution and reporting of portfolio projects, including management of change requests and controls, as needed.
- Provide program-level leadership and direction to project managers. Coordinate interactions, ensure timely and optimal execution of projects, and effectively collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Provide administrative leadership of GO Team operations, e.g., meeting scheduling, agendas, minutes, etc. '
- Support product life cycle strategy management, including due diligence, alliance management, launch planning and execution, and technology transfer.
- Guide & influence Integrated Development, GO and Market Launch Teams in creating robust life cycle management plans.
- Work with key GO Team members to ensure continuity of supply, end-to-end optimization, comprehensive change management, and effective management of technology and regulatory issues.
- Proactively identify, facilitate resolution and escalate issues.
Strategic GPS program/project management responsibilities (in addition to major responsibilities above):
- Leads program/project activities including kickoff meetings, recurring status meetings, executive sponsor meetings, reporting, risk tracking, steering committee meetings, and conflict resolution.
- Develops and drives detailed plans, identifying critical path and timing while meeting strategic intent and achieving key milestones.
- Manage resources to attain program/project deliverables and coordinate project communication for all stakeholders. Provide program-level leadership and direction to project managers when applicable.
- Ensure problem solving and decision making addressing major risks and issues by identifying, documenting, resolving, communicating or escalating to senior leadership when appropriate.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Drive consistency in project management tools and templates in line with PMO best practices.
- Plan/Execute change management strategy and plan.
- Influence key stakeholders, develop project communications strategy, approach and plan.
- Proactively drive scenario analyses to manage potential impact on plans and timelines, and recommend strategic direction to management.
- Foster diverse/inclusive high performance teams and maintain strong relationships with operational and functional leadership.
- B.S. in engineering, Pharmacy, science or technical discipline, advanced degree preferred.
- PMP certification highly desirable.
- Understanding of cGMPs and regulatory CMC.
- 12 years business experience, 8 years in BioPharma operational or development discipline, including demonstrated 5 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in project/program management of complex projects involving cross-functional, multi-site, international teams.
- Experience with manufacturing sites and staff.
- Proficiency with project management and Microsoft tools, e.g. Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Ability to achieve results and exercise influence across a global matrix organization (e.g., operations, manufacturing technology, quality, supply chain, finance, R&D).
- Ability to work independently with high level of accountability.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and have the ability to deal effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills, well organized and capable of managing multiple projects with respect to priorities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and discernment and be comfortable to operate where erroneous decisions will have serious impact on the overall success of operations.
- Ability to interact internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of potentially difficult and sensitive matters to influence policy making bodies both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with financial principles, core business concepts, and business and operations management.
- Ability to develop business analysis and reporting.
Management Responsibility: Project Manager or leased worker position.
Location: New Brunswick
Travel: Up to 20
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.