Scientist - Research
As an integral member of our research group, the candidate will be responsible for making critical contributions to our small molecule inhibitor pipeline focused on inflammation and autoimmunity.
- Evaluate small molecule drug candidates in a range of cell-based and biochemical assays including planning and performing experiments, analyzing data and communicating results
- Develop new assays relevant to therapeutic targets of interest. Read the literature and gain a solid understanding of the biology of Rigel’s preclinical targets. Develop assays relevant to the target that will aide in lead candidate selection and/or broader understanding of the therapeutic potential of small molecule inhibitors
- Support organization of lab and equipment as needed
- Attend scientific conferences
- PhD with 2+ years of research experience (post doc or industry) in the field of immunology, autoimmune diseases, cell signaling pathways, molecular biology or biochemistry or a M.S. and 8-10 years’ experience in research environment or a BSc with 15+ years of experience in inflammation research and/or drug development
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, ability to troubleshoot to solve problems and to deliver high quality data
- Proficiency in primary cell isolation and culture, ELISA, Luminex, and FACS preferred
- Experience with molecular biology and genomic techniques would be a plus
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and can thrive in a highly collaborative research environment
- Highly motivated with high degree of professional integrity and strong work ethic
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.