Scientific Project Manager
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At InBios, we believe an accurate diagnosis is the first step to effective treatment. Specializing in the design, development and manufacture of immunodiagnostic devices for infectious diseases, InBios International Inc. strives to improve health outcomes globally by providing superior quality products that are accurate, easy to use and cost effective. Founded in 1996 in Seattle, WA, InBios has 70+ employees and more than 25 products, including FDA-cleared ELISA kits for Zika, dengue and West Nile as well as rapid test kits for Chagas and leishmaniasis. Most recently, we responded to the coronavirus crisis, receiving FDA EUAs for three COVID-19 products while continuing to develop other tests to fight this pandemic. InBios also specializes in the development and manufacture of highly specific and well-characterized antibodies and antigens for use in infectious disease research.
To achieve our mission of providing top-quality diagnostics for diseases that affect millions around the world, InBios has a diverse, well trained and highly educated group of dedicated employees. The entrepreneurial spirit that led to our founding is still prevalent in our culture, where we encourage employees at all levels to contribute to and collaborate on new ideas and products. We value risk-takers and problem-solvers, and pride ourselves on offering opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
Located in the dynamic South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle in a state-of-the-art biotech facility, InBios offers competitive wages and a rich benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), and performance-based rewards. InBios is committed to work/life balance and provides paid vacation and sick time, including a weeklong, paid shutdown in December.
You enjoy working with both internal and external key stakeholders to ensure projects are successfully completed on time and meet the customer's needs. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, and you have excellent interpersonal skills. If you are looking for a career move that will allow you to apply the experience and knowledge you have acquired, which forms your firm scientific foundation to understand ongoing diagnostics R&D and associated studies, then we encourage you to apply.
Experience and knowledge needed to be successful in this position
- A master’s degree or PhD in a biological science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with project coordination and management
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to interpret and communicate data
Additional experience and knowledge that will be helpful to be successful in this position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Experience with government funding and/or regulatory agencies
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Experience with immunodiagnostics
What do the responsibilities for this job include?
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the project lifecycle at InBios including submission of grant proposals, assay and reagent development, manufacturing, assay validation, and regulatory submissions
- Act as a liaison and facilitate communication between departments within InBios
- Work closely with government agencies and collaborators in industry and academic settings
- Prepare and review meeting minutes, project and study reports, study protocols, documents, and presentations
- Data analysis and reporting
- Track project schedules and goals, determining priorities based on project schedules.
- Organize meetings and teleconferences
- Administrative tasks, such as acquisition of raw materials and reagents as needed
- Assist with other tasks, as necessary
Work environment information
Position responsibilities include work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab (BSL-2.)
Depends upon education and experience.