Medical Technologist I
- The Medical Technologist I is responsible for managing COVID-19 nasal swab testing ensuring specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing. The duties listed below are illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. Salary commensurate with experience. The Medical Technologist I will follow laboratory procedures for:
- Performing high complexity testing.
- Specimen handling and processing.
- Reagent handling and processing.
- Data entry in excel or software.
- Communicating issues to Laboratory Management.
- Reviewing test analyses.
- Analyzing, reviewing, and reporting test results and quality control results.
- Entering and releasing results.
- Taking remedial action when indicated.
- Reporting and maintaining records of test results.
- Troubleshooting equipment
- Adhering to all safety policies.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Storage and disposal of specimens.
- Adhering to all laboratory standards.
- Reviewing SOPs as assigned.
- Identifying problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and taking appropriate action including notification of Laboratory Management.
- Participation in laboratory quality assurance programs.
- Participating in proficiency testing and competency evaluation throughout the year.
- Maintaining supplies related to daily assignments.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year