AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Leads the communication strategy of the Affiliate align with Corporate and Area strategy. Contribute to the operational results and the short and long business growth through the consolidation of comprehensive communication initiatives that involves both internal and external stakeholders. Upholds AbbVie's reputation and build the brand image. Actively influence relationships with internal and external audiences. Consolidate brand teams supporting communication strategies branded and unbranded.
- Primary Stakeholders: GM, Divisional Management team, Communications team (Affiliate, Area, AbbVie International, Corporate), Government Affairs, Compliance Officers, PR Agencies, Brand Team Members, Media, Area Initiative Leaders, Government Officials and Policy Makers.
- Specific functions performed include strategic planning, corporate and product brand communications, media relations, issues/crises management, executive and internal communications, advocacy/patient group relations and community relations/citizenship.
- This role sits on the Affiliate Management Team to contribute to the development of Company and business strategies and acts as a strategic counselor to this Team and the Country General Manager. This role also must work very closely with all other departments within AbbVie, particularly Government Affairs, Market Access and the Product Brand Teams.
- There is direct responsibility to AbbVie Area and Headquarters and accountability for the impact of affiliate actions and country issues that may have an impact on the broader reputation of the Company.
Bachelor's degree within the Communication area and a background in PR, Communication, Writing, Journalism, and Marketing/Business strongly preferred.
- Understand local & Federal regulations concerning Communications and the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Development and implementation of strategic communication plans
- Coach or mentor team members
- Writing and editing for internal and external Communications
- Ability to scan Media trends in Communications and translate those trends into strategies
- Provide insights into emerging/social media Communications technologies
- Knowledge of Health care or Biopharmaceutical Industry dynamics is preferred
- 5-10 years of relevant leading experience focusing on Communication work, Public Relations, external affairs, external communications, and reputation management
- Direct experience producing Employee Communications strongly desired
- Communicating with diverse stakeholder groups
- Managing corporate reputation and values
- Health or Life Sciences experience is preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.