US Value & Access Senior Manager, Payer Insights
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
In the face of a US health care system growing more complex day-by-day, we must constantly adapt and evolve our strategies ensure our patients have appropriate access to our medicines. The US Value & Access (US V&A) Payer Insights Senior Manager will be responsible for strategic and day-to-day leadership of our efforts to diagnose, address and monitor payer coverage challenges. In this role, you will partner with US Coverage & Pricing Marketing leadership to build a deep understanding of the US managed markets environment, support identifying coverage opportunities and pull-through tactics as well as build and deploy industry leading solutions. You will be providing integrated analysis combining multiple primary and secondary data sources to uncover deep insights that will guide access strategies.
- Partner with Coverage & Pricing (C&P) Marketing leadership, Brand Marketing, Data Science and Pricing/Contracting teams to build and prioritize analytics and insights plan in support of Payer coverage strategy
- Provide thought partnership and analytical support to C&P leadership to ensure that patients have appropriate access to medicines factoring in changes in healthcare ecosystem, policies and external trends
- Understand pharmaceutical ecosystem and data sets including prescription (ex. IQVIA NPA), outlet (ex. IQVIA DDD), pharmacy claims (ex. Symphony Claims) and proprietary patient hub services
- Oversee and guide advanced analytics including payer segmentation, time series modeling, customer segmentation and issue diagnostics conducted in SQL, R, Python and Excel
- Oversee and guide preparation, publishing and continuous refinement of reports and data visualization tools tracking performance against business objective built in Tableau
- Conduct post-deal analytics to evaluate effectiveness of payer contracting and identify pull-through opportunities
- Provide ad hoc analysis in response to business questions
- Manage and provide guidance to 1-2 staff members, including setting performance standards, managing their staffing and monitoring performance
- Manage project timelines, budget and vendors conducting primary market research and secondary data analytics
Doctorate degree and 2 years business/business analytics experience
Master's degree and 4 years of business/business analytics experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of business/business analytics experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of business/business analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of business/business analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, health care and/or strategy consulting
- Experience with strategy, design and analysis of patient access programs, including copay cards
- Experience overseeing advanced analytics using tools including SQL, R, Python and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau
- Problem solving - ability to use advanced data analytics to rapidly diagnose and address patient access challenges across variety of brand and sales team situations to drive innovation and maximum return on access program objectives
- Quality management - ability to build and maintain robust process that ensure compliance and deliver efficiencies to Amgen without compromising effectiveness of access programs
- Curiosity - drive to search internally and externally for new advanced analytics/data science trends, developments and opportunities to optimize patient access programs across portfolio
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.