Marketing Senior Manager, Nephrology, Coverage & Pricing
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities!
The Senior Manager, Coverage & Pricing (C&P) is a key member of the U.S. Value & Access organization responsible for developing and executing the pricing and payer coverage contracting strategies to achieve and maintain payer and provider coverage goals. This individual will engage with functional specialists and business leadership while leading quantitative and qualitative pricing/contracting analyses to support the payor contacting and coverage strategy across Amgen's Nephrology portfolio. In this position, you will also collaborate with the government team and finance to estimate model reimbursement and contracting impact on provider dynamics, sales volume goals, discount rates, and long-term planning.
The successful candidate will collect, analyze and synthesize cross-functional information across a variety of sources and cross-functional partners to support scenario-planning and customer insight and resource development. In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, the candidate will support for our Nephrology key accounts and field sales team with reimbursement, cost, and policy related resources and messaging that they can use with their dialysis providers and HCPs. This position interacts cross functionally with Value Strategy & Marketing, Patient Access, Ecosystems & Insights, Nephrology Sales, Brand Marketing, Government Affairs, Trade & Distribution, Business Unit Leadership, Finance, Accounting, Legal and Regulatory. You will also work with our field-based team to engage key dialysis provider partners and Nephrology organizations in order to present policy and reimbursement dynamics to gain and retain access that aligns with each brand's goals.
This position is a good avenue to many future commercial healthcare roles. Amgen has strong training, education, and mentoring programs to ensure staff are successful.
- Support development and pull through of Nephrology reimbursement, coverage, and contracting using quantitative modeling
- Drive the build out and approval of field reimbursement and cost resources
- Ensure alignment in strategy and implementation of the plan with cross-functional teams including Brand, Medical, Patient Access, Value Marketing, GHE, Trade, and Policy Point of contact (POC) for the Market Access team, Nephrology field Key Account team, and district managers to address needs and rollout of C&P training/resources
- Lead C&P training for new hires and ensure cross functional team members are current on the latest Nephrology C&P updates
- Routinely interact with senior leadership and other high-level, cross functional committees or teams
- Selectively engage with key independent dialysis providers, associations, key Nephrologists/HCPs relating to more sophisticated reimbursement or policy discussions
- Act as the primary POC and lead C&P day-to-day relationship with agency partners, vendors, and billing consultants
- Spearhead the development of reimbursement and policy messaging to support commercial leadership customer and partner engagements
- Coverage & Pricing Lead for sales meetings and support POA and field C&P related goals and metrics
- Collaborate with Patient Access team on the development and management of patient support programs and initiatives to support Nephrology portfolio products
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Strong business insight, analytical skills, and critical thinking ability
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with the ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and handle pull through.
- Experience navigating the evolving U.S. healthcare system with specific interest on the interactions between Government and Healthcare
- Understanding of US health care system and key partners (with an interest in formulary decision makers within the Nephrology, dialysis, hospital, or medical benefit space)
- Marketing or sales experience, specifically in Nephrology or medical benefit
- Strong leadership skills with ability to influence different styles
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity; ability to see the big picture; ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses
- Previous experience or skill sets in building financial models and/or working with/analyzing data from different sources
- Payer/provider account management or access marketing experience
- Nephrology, hospital, or buy-in-bill sales experience
- MBA or other Master's degree
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership
- Project management skills and cross-functional leadership
- Vendor/agency management skills
- Ability to work through others and lead in a matrix environment
- Prior experience in contracts and pricing, direct payor experience or value marketing and have a good unconditional understanding of the US payor environment.
We understand that to sustain and grow and deliver for patients - we will ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do!
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.