Supervisor, Equipment - Pharmaceutical
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
WHAT YOUR NEW MANAGER WANTS YOU TO KNOW:
"I am looking for a leader with hands-on support capabilities. I need someone to lead the 1 st and 2 nd shift packaging and manufacturing mechanics in routine daily maintenance activities as well as support the transition to the next-level Maintenance Excellence Program over the next 3 years. This transition will involve significant changes to current practices and procedures. This leader must have the ability to motivate individuals, drive change while maintaining morale, manage and review the performance of direct reports, and control maintenance department personnel schedules and payroll."
*YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE... a strong leader with the ability to solve problems and develop good team relationships. You will supervise the Equipment Technicians at the AbbVie-Cincinnati site.
Be the SME for Equipment Tech . You will be involved with the selection, training and supervision of all Packaging and Manufacturing Equipment Technicians in the execution of their daily functions. Serve as a technical resource to the Packaging and Manufacturing Technicians, PKG and Facilities department's management teams. You will also review incoming maintenance work requests, prioritize and coordinate schedules to meet customer expectations. You will be responsible for Work Order review, CAPAs, Non-Conformance and Change Control documentation related to the Packaging Mechanical Group.
Operational Excellence Advocate. You will assure that all activities within the Packaging and Manufacturing Mechanical group comply with the highest standards. You will participate in Root Cause Problem Solving sessions and other Operational Excellence (OPEX) activities. Communicate equipment status, work schedules, production issues, etc. effectively with employees, management, vendors and contractors. Investigates, develops, justifies and implements projects, processes or activities to support AbbVie-Cincinnati requirements, contain costs, increase quality levels and meet standards.
People Leader to Technicians. Administers Time and Attendance for assigned Technicians. Administers all aspects of AbbVie performance management program for direct reports including goal setting/tracking, performance reviews, individual development planning, 1:1 meetings, coaching, counseling and disciplinary action as necessary.
- B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent combination of technical degree plus experience is required.
- Qualified candidates should have 3 years of direct experience dealing with packaging machinery (preferably in the pharmaceutical industry), with 2 years in maintenance supervisory position directly responsible for skilled mechanics, technicians and support staff.
- Experience with installation, qualification, maintenance and operation of all types of high-speed packaging machinery is required.
- Strong leadership skills are needed with the ability to solve problems and develop good team relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively daily with maintenance mechanics, instrumentation technicians and other supervisors / department heads is required.
- Candidate must have experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) experience is highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.