Sr Director, WW Medical- Cardiovascular
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as cardiovascular, immunoscience, fibrosis and oncology.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
This role will have accountability act as the WW Medical Lead, supporting a portion of the CV portfolio, reporting to the Head, WW Cardiovascular. He/she will participate in the cross-functional matrix teams to provide scientific and medical support on behalf of WW Medical as well as development and execution of the WW CV strategy (communication, publication, and ISR strategy).
- Lead the cross functional team providing Medical support to a CV asset/disease state program
- Develop and execute the global medical plan, provide medical insight into strategic plans, and provide strategic direction in scientific communication to ensure delivery of key knowledge to the internal stakeholders including local medical market colleagues; ensure global alignment and input for the medical plan
- Lead workstreams to identify evidence gaps to address unmet needs and to define and support global execution of these opportunities
- Ensures linkage between the Development and Commercial teams with respect to the communication strategy, training strategy, development of Medical plans and Advisory Board planning
- Drive an integrated strategy and communication platform, ensuring optimized and aligned thought leader interactions and seamless coordinated communications both internally and externally.
- Establish linkages across all major functions (e.g. Development, R&D, HEOR, Value Access & Pricing, Regulatory, Commercial, Corporate Affairs, etc.) and building alignment with cross-functional partners on key initiatives such as developing an optimal approach to data generation, communication and supporting access
- Partner with Development, Research and Development, and Commercial to manage the Non-Registrational Data Generation (NRDG) budget including investigator sponsored studies
- Establishes and maintains ongoing long-term collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with key thought leaders and manages Global Key Opinion Leader activities, including Advisory Boards; aligns with markets and regions to ensure transparency regarding KOL activities
- Create a scientific and medical communication strategy including engagement of TLs, professional societies and congresses
- Adapt to a changing environment through contingency planning and appropriate resource allocation
- Ensure compliance with medical, regulatory, legal and ethical standards
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Life sciences and/or healthcare professional training with an advanced degree is required (Pharm. D, PhD, MD) with at least 9 years' experience. Prior industry experience in CV Medical affairs/Medical Strategy, Clinical Research or related experience is preferred. The successful candidate must be highly professional with excellent relationship-building and communication skills, including the ability to articulate both verbally and in writing complex scientific principles. Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams including clinical, commercialization, regulatory and early discovery. He/she must have experience working in multi-functional project team and managing external agencies. Additionally have the skills to plan and implement medical congresses and advisory boards.
Skills and Abilities:
- Acts with the highest level of leadership with Enterprise Mindset and flexibility
- Attention to detail with excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- Proven ability to transform data into medical knowledge for different audiences
- Advanced Communication and effective presentation skills
- Resiliency and strong adaptability to change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, high-level negotiation skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Innovative and entrepreneurial thinking
- Functions with excellent judgment, high integrity and in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies
- Previous people management experience in hiring, developing and retaining strong talent
- Office based position with international/domestic travel requirement between 30%.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Princeton - NJ - US
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.