BIA R&D Resource Manager
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Business Insights and Analytics Resource Manager
Business Insights and Analytics (BIA) enables decision making and insights for BMS stakeholders across all business units. The Resource Management team falls within the BIA R&D group. Its core responsibility is to partner with Development Centers, R&D Functions and Governance, other BIA teams, Strategy & Planning, Finance, and IT to generate meaningful resource related insights that inform and influence portfolio decisions.
This role will work directly with Enterprise Planning and Resource Management colleagues and functional stakeholders to optimize data and insight generation to be shared with functional and regional leaders across R&D to answer questions related to workforce demand and capacity management. This role will also work to inform resource needs in our strategic partnerships, assessing impact of in-licensing, acquisitions and divestitures, supporting capacity allocation, and ad hoc decision support. A central focus will be to build and drive best practices into resource forecasts, managing an evergreen algorithm library and maintenance strategy - all to ensure we can execute the pipeline with speed and efficiency.
- Partner with planning system Capabilities and Operations groups along with R&D functional leaders to drive optimal data structure, quality, and integrity for effective resource forecasting and analysis. Integrate learnings amongst the Resource Management Team.
- Continuously analyze resource forecast accuracy and modify algorithms and methodology to reflect our evolving organizational structure and operating model.
- Enable book of work and resource planning in new or evolving areas by providing subject matter expertise and assistance in building/refining/calibrating algorithms.
- Work directly with Finance, Business Development and other analytics groups to inform ad hoc planning, in-licensing, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Work with project teams to assess needs associated with new development scenarios.
- Work with other BIA functions and cross functional leadership to design and implement efficient, integrated processes to link planning and feasibility, and operational risks into resource forecasts.
- 5+ years in a Resource Management or Operational Management role in Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CRO.
- 3+ years working in drug development operations, project management, data analytics/metrics, process improvement or other similar data analytics role in R&D.
- MBA or Master's degree in life science or quantitative field desired.
- Full understanding of functions, roles and major work packages associated with each phase of drug development / lifecycle management and the ability to translate that work into project and portfolio level forecasts.
- Experience using and building algorithms and business processes in PPM tools (Planisware, MS Project etc.).
- Experience building trust and engagement with key customers and communicating sensitive information.
- The ability to extract and communicate meaningful qualitative and quantitative insights from raw data using modern BI tools (Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI etc.).
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.