Director Engineering Technical Services
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient's own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Director Corporate Facilities and Engineering. Reporting to the Head of Kite Facility and Engineering Operations, you will help develop short-term and longer-term objectives and plans in support of the Kite's strategy. This role serves as a senior leader within the organization with the goal of ensuring the company has robust strategies that enable flexible, responsive and reliable operations and that leadership strategy faithfully translates into measurable value for the company and our patients.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Serves Engineering Technical Director to Kite domestic and international facility organizations at both manufacturing, R&D and administrative sites.
• Create a technical network to improve system standards and specifications
• Improve consistency of equipment selection
• Support Global Capital Projects with Technical Expertise and interface between the A&E firms, Construction and Quality to ensure on time delivery of assets.
• Support process development to ensure adherence to technical requirements
• Supports procurement on vendor selection program
• Helps guide the global organization to focus on a strategic direction with long-term facility asset management
• Communicates with Kite senior management on a regular basis and interfaces productively with the corporate departments.
• Liaises with the Foster City Facility and Engineering organization to ensure cross-functional information sharing and learning.
• BS degree in engineering or related field.
• 10+ years of construction, facility maintenance and global CAPEX project leadership is desired.
• A proven track record of successful facilities management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments.
• Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and, safety systems.
• Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding.
• Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.