Senior Research Associate - Cell Therapy
Simcere Innovation is one of the internal innovation arms of Simcere Pharmaceutical group with focuses on the discovery and development of novel cell therapies for oncology and immunology indications. We believe that the pharmaceutical and venture capital global community needs a new way to explore and facilitate R&D in the ever-changing field of medicinal science. We provide an environment where all the talents can pursue and foster their aspirations outside the traditional organization box. Our disruptive operation model can help scientists tackle challenging scientific problems, while minimize risk. Together, we aim to develop a truly transformative model that would benefit our patients and revolutionize scientific society.
- Work as part of a team to execute and interpret immune-oncology related cell-based assays
- Support scientists to develop in vitro assays to expand cell therapy projects for solid tumors and hematological cancers
- Maintain mammalian cell culture and employ experiments to genetically modify and characterize T cells using lentiviral transduction, flow cytometry and other cell-based assays (ELISA, cytotoxicity assays, etc)
- Stay up to date with new developments and technologies in the field of immuno-oncology
- Coordinate tasks across projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Effectively communicate plans and results in both oral and written form and participate in data presentations to cross-functional teams
- Execute studies using good documentation practices and maintain a laboratory notebook.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic collaborative team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Bachelor’s (with minimum 2-years relevant experience) or MS degree (with minimum 1-year relevant experience) in Immunology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry, or related field (experience in industry is preferred)
- Candidate must have hands on experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic cell culture techniques
- Experience in T cell isolation and culture
- Experience in running multi-color flow cytometry and ELISAs
- Highly organized with good record keeping
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel is a must.
- Previous experience in gene and/or cell therapy development in industry is a plus