Inspiring advances in bioprocessing, Repligen is a leader in bioprocess filtration, pre-packed chromatography and Protein A ligands development. Propelled by a culture of innovation and collaboration, and with a focus on cost and process efficiencies, our people and our technologies help meet critical bioproduction demands worldwide. Named one of the fastest growing biotech companies in the USA, Repligen is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts with major manufacturing sites in Massachusetts, California, Sweden, and Germany.
Repligen offers the broadest range of hollow fiber and flat sheet filtration technologies for cell culture and purification, featuring XCell® ATF Systems, Spectrum® KrosFlo TFF Filters and Systems and TangenX® Flat Sheet TFF Cassettes. As the expert in pre-packed chromatography technology, Repligen offers OPUS® Pre-packed Columns with unparalleled flexibility and scalability from bench- to production-scale. Since 1985, Protein A affinity ligands manufactured by Repligen have been routinely used to purify most of the world’s monoclonal antibodies.
We are looking for an Application Scientist to work in our Rancho Dominguez, CA facility.
• Supporting developmental work on prototype products.
• Assist with rapid prototyping for new filtration applications.
• Participate in experimental design of new product / application development.
• Assist with onsite customer trials.
• Keeping track of and reporting on project progress.
• Researching information as required.
• Performing administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, allocating material, placing orders
• Perform other duties as assigned by R&D Director / Application Scientist
• BS in Engineering; cell biology/chemistry/chemical engineering background is a plus.
• 1-2 years of laboratory experience. Customer facing experience a plus.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with Microsoft Office.
• Able to apply basic engineering skills.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions.
• Highly organized and able to multitask.
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Primarily in-door, hands-on laboratory work.
• Occasional work inside ISO Class 7 cleanroom.
• Occasional travel, <10%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer