Senior Scientist, Biomarker Research
Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is designed to be a selective inhibitor of αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), has completed Phase 1b testing. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is designed to be an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of αvβ1, targeting late-stage liver fibrosis and is partnered with Novartis. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate opening is available for a passionate scientist to join our Translational Sciences team as a Senior Scientist Biomarker Researcher. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers in fibrosis, oncology, and muscular dystrophy.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Biology and Translational Sciences and will be responsible for the discovery, validation and application of biomarkers and novel translational tools to support early clinical PD and efficacy evaluations. This will include working closely with discovery, preclinical and clinical teams. Successful candidate will apply cutting edge proteomic, genomic, and biochemical assay technologies to disease biomarker discovery in fibrosis, oncology and muscular dystrophy working with clinical samples, precision cut tissue slices and in vivo animal models of disease. A strong background in biomarker discovery, bioinformatics, physiology is preferred.
- Advance ongoing biomarker discovery efforts in IPF, PSC, oncology, and muscular dystrophy
- Develop a PK/PD and translational medicine plans to advance lead candidates to clinic
- Coordinate activities of consultants and contract labs
- Develop and meet team timelines
- Evaluate new targets and in-licensing opportunities
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in biomarker or translational medicine research.
- Strong foundational knowledge of biomarker discovery and analysis.
- Experience in bioinformatics and statistical analysis of clinical biomarker data
- Desire to work in a fast paced, experienced research and development environment managing internal and external collaborations
- Candidate should exhibit strong, positive attitude for teamwork and learning.
- Ability to thrive in a culture of respect, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.