Senior/Scientist - Cell Therapy
Simcere Innovation is one of the internal innovation arms of Simcere Pharmaceutical group with focuses on the discovery and development of novel cell therapies for oncology and immunology indications. We believe that the pharmaceutical and venture capital global community needs a new way to explore and facilitate R&D in the ever-changing field of medicinal science. We provide an environment where all the talents can pursue and foster their aspirations outside the traditional organization box. Our disruptive operation model can help scientists tackle challenging scientific problems, while minimize risk. Together, we aim to develop a truly transformative model that would benefit our patients and revolutionize scientific society.
The Senior/Scientist will participate in early drug discovery and development projects with a focus on immuno-oncology. The candidate will characterize and develop large and small molecules in close collaboration with partner lines as an integral member of drug discovery teams. Ideal applicants will employ and develop new cutting-edge in vivo mouse and human cancer models. The individual will provide technical and scientific expertise in in vivo pharmacology to the Cancer Immunology Discovery department to enable target identification, validation, prioritization and efficient drug discovery. Ideal applicants will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues, to reach desired goals
- Establish in vitro assays to support T cell projects
- Communicate research and development findings with internal and external teams/partners in a clear and concise manner
- Diligent and timely documentation of experiments in lab book and reports
- Supervise Research Associates for routine laboratory work
- Work collaboratively within internal cross-function teams and external CRO/academic institutes
- Help group leader for general laboratory management
- Serve as the major contributors for pipeline development
- PhD in Immunology, cell biology, oncology or related field with 0-3 years postdoctoral experience;
- Hands-on experience with handling human T cells or NT cell, T cell isolation techniques, activation and transduction of T cells, T cell expansion, multicolor flow cytometry for T cell characterization
- Strong background in human T cell biology and T cell-based assays, including proliferation assays, cytotoxicity assays, intracellular flow cytometry staining or cytokine profiling assays by ELISA or MSD, cell activation analysis
- Experience with T cell engineering, such as CAR-T or transgenic TCR T cells, would be a plus.
- Knowledge of TCR/CAR signaling and related assays, preferred
- In vivo tumor model experience, preferred
- Experience with molecular biology assays preferred