Associate Director, CRM - Processes
The Associate Director, CRM - Processes is both a business and technology focused role that requires a strong technical understanding of Saelsforce.com, Veeva CRM suite of products, and Master Data Management in a hands-on capacity. This role will also be responsible for understanding and collaborating across the Sales and Commercial Operations team regarding initiatives related to CRM, marketing, business intelligence and master data management systems. This role will provide technical expertise around solution capabilities within Veeva and other cloud-based systems to enable desired business processes for the Commercial organization. The qualified individual will implement best practices and scalable solutions to meet functional requirements. This role will be involved in the entire process from design, development, testing and deployment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Solution Architecture
- Responsible for alignment of system capabilities with desired business processes; ability to analyze business needs, current challenges, existing issues and translate them into solutions
- Provide guidance on most effective and scalable system solution to deliver desired requirement. This will involve an assessment of configuration vs. code vs. 3rd party solutions to meet objectives, while allowing for maximum scalability
- Continuous evaluation for optimization of current technical capabilities
- Work with Veeva, Avanir Information Technology and other vendors around new features and evaluate for integration
- Systems Documentation
- Responsible for maintaining system process documentation, including, but not limited to; configuration design workbooks, integration models, field mapping, etc.
- Work with Avanir Information Systems (I.S.) and external parties around required system documentation for all enhancements and production fixes
- Production Support & Administration
- Primary point of contact for all production related issues pertaining to Veeva
- Triage field-based inquiries and route to appropriate support groups
- Work with Avanir I.S. and/or 3rd party to develop production fixes and release management
- Ensure documentation of all production related issues as well as communication for close-out procedures
- Release Management
- Manage all aspects of periodic (monthly/quarterly, etc.) releases through standard SDLC protocols
- Ensure documentation of all enhancements/solutions as part of the overall release
- Develop, maintain, and communicate release schedule and general product/capability roadmap
- Change Management
- Collaborate with appropriate groups (Sales Training, Sales Ops, etc.) to develop and establish new hire and ongoing training for all Veeva related capabilities and enhancements
- Establish communication strategy around all periodic releases articulating functionality being delivered, i.e., release notes
- Responsible for all training initiatives relating to Veeva and potentially other Commercial applications.
- Establish work standards that are aligned with Avanir's corporate culture, vision, and values. Adhere to company standards for personal honesty, integrity, trust, respect and accountability. Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Avanir policies and procedures and applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Minimum of 14+ years combined experience with primary roles in sales operations, commercial analytics, or related analytical functions.
- Pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, or life sciences experience preferred.
- Experience with business analysis, operational excellence and business partnering capabilities.
- Veeva CRM or Salesforce.com certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to define and structure problems to be solved and to communicate complex business analysis and issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to manage projects effectively from design through completion.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, cross-functional collaboration, and ability to work independently, and manage multiple assignments with timely and accurate output.
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.