Associate Director Legal and Contracts
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. is a growing South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for a highly motivated attorney who will report to our Chief Business Officer and oversee our legal and contracts management functions. This position will support Pionyr’s corporate legal activities including our contracting needs across all phases of development to advance the company's mission of developing innovative therapies which empower the immune system to eradicate cancer.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparation and negotiation of contracts, often in collaboration with CBO and/or external legal counsel, including but not limited to: CRO master services agreements, development and manufacturing agreements, sponsored research agreements, consulting agreements, confidential disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, license and collaboration agreements and specialized agreements necessary for the startup and conduct of clinical trials, including clinical site confidentiality, vendor/CRO services, clinical trial site agreements, informed consents and letters of indemnity
- Oversee Pionyr’s legal and contracts functions serving as point of contact on cross-functional initiatives in collaboration with senior management, functional heads and project team leaders
- Ensure the consistent and timely delivery of high quality and compliant agreements while providing clear, practical and business-oriented guidance on contracting issues
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships to support the implementation of company policies and contracting practices with internal team members
- Advise internal clients on contract interpretation, dispute resolution and legal and business risk
- Contribute to the establishment and ongoing improvement of contracting parameters and procedures, including template development
- Ensure contractual documents are processed and appropriately maintained in the company's contracts management system
- Liaise with the finance department on financial matters as they pertain to contracts and statements of work
- Support business development, IP and other legal activities, as needed
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school or extensive and relevant paralegal experience; admission in good standing with any state bar (California preferred).
- Three or more years’ professional experience, in contracts negotiation and administration in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry required
- Clinical contracts experience at a nationally recognized law firm or as in-house counsel
- Knowledge and understanding of life sciences compliance trends, regulations and laws impacting the Research and Development departments within the biopharmaceutical industry a plus. These include ICH GCP, US FDA regulations relating to clinical trials, GDPR and other privacy laws.
- Ability to work independently, while meeting aggressive deadlines and juggling multiple priorities
- Process oriented with attention to detail, strong problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Ability to provide practical, timely, legal counsel to a wide variety of internal clients on legal and regulatory matters and interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.