Manager, Business Operations
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. is a growing South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for a highly motivated Manager, Business Operations who will report to our Chief Business Officer and support Pionyr’s alliance management, portfolio strategy, market research and contracts management activities as we advance the company's mission of developing innovative therapies which empower the immune system to eradicate cancer.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain immuno-oncology competitive landscape to guide alliance and portfolio strategy
- Support on-going partnership and alliance activities, including tracking, documentation and status reporting
- Partner with Chief Business Officer on business development efforts related to company’s diagnostics licensing and supply efforts
- Lead and coordinate competitive intelligence planning for key industry and investment conferences; capture and communicate pre- and post-conference coverage insights and updates
- In partnership with external legal counsel and internal stakeholders, prepare and negotiate research, clinical and CMC legal contracts including but not limited to master service, material transfer, confidentiality, consulting, sponsored research, licenses and clinical trial agreements.
- Ensure contractual documents are processed and appropriately maintained in the company's contracts management system
- PhD or MBA preferred but not required with 2+ years (or Bachelor's with 5+ years) relevant experience in business/competitive analysis and/or market research experience in either the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, life science investment banking or equity research, life science strategy consulting or similar field.
- Prior consulting experience as well as R&D or project management roles within Biotech/Pharma is highly valued
- Understanding of scientific and clinical data and a passion for staying abreast of the latest advancements, particularly in targeted immuno-oncology therapies
- Energetic, team oriented, self-motivating individual with strong analytical and solid understanding of business strategy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to influence decision making and internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to effectively work with project teams and cross functional departments
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up abilities and able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience with financial analysis, forecasting, market segmentation and competitive intelligence tools a plus
- Proven track record of owning, driving, and closing projects from inception to successful completion
- Strong understanding of the drug development process,
- Scientific/technical acumen with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc.)
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.