Senior Manager, Technical Vendor Management
IVERIC bio is seeking a Sr. Manager, Technical Vendor Management for therapeutics development and manufacturing. This individual will be responsible for managing projects by coordinating with external CMOs and internal resources. The Vendor Manager will ensure CMC timelines are met. This position will report to the Director, Materials Management, Technical Operations.
- Support the project team and Tech Ops team to develop CMC timelines to meet the project objectives.
- Manage and coordinate with external CMOs and CROs and work with internal CMC team to meet project timelines, and internal and external deliverables.
- Manage and direct external CMOs for raw material procurement, storage, transfers, shipping qualification and inventory tracking/reconciliation.
- Support materials management and CMC team with vendor/CMO evaluation and selection.
- Support Tech Ops with financial aspects, as needed.
- Collaborate with Drug Substance, Drug Product, Analytical, QA, and Regulatory CMC to meet project milestones.
- Support all phases of pharmaceutical development and commercialization by managing vendors to meet quality and quantity requirements.
- Travel requirement ~10%
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, in relevant science and engineering discipline, a PMP Certification is a plus.
- 5 years working experience in pharmaceutical industry, with experience in project management.
- Understanding the challenges for early phase development, experience in gene therapy development is a plus
- Knowledge of late phase development and understand the regulatory requirements
- Good analytical skills
- Experience with external CMOs and vendors
- Proficient in oral & written communication skills
- Able to understand and communicate risks, and develop and execute contingency plans
- Able to connect with all levels in the organization