Executive Director, Global PRM Innovation
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Executive Director of Global PRM Innovation will act as a strategic partner to Allergan Aesthetic's Plastic and Regenerative Medicine business to identify and tackle priority projects, critical to the current and future business. Combines strategic thinking, analytic rigor and project management skills to help define actionable solutions to complex problems. Coordinates across AbbVie and Allergan Aesthetic functions to bring together the best of the organizations to enable the Plastic and Regenerative Medicine business to continue to restore and improve the physiology and well-being of our patients.
The position requires strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact ideas and plans, and focus efforts to enable cross-functional teams to deliver powerful results.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Partner with VP and executive level stakeholders to help answer key decisions that impact the current and future state of Allergan Aesthetic's Plastic and Regenerative Medicine business
- Act as a convener, bringing together colleagues from across functions to create and deliver consensus-driven solutions
- Leverage medical training and experience to understand the evolving treatment landscape, changing techniques, and unmet patient needs in the plastic and regenerative medicine space, as well as potential adjacencies, and their associated strategic implications
- Create a structured approach and guide progress against multiple concurrent projects, driving the problem-solving process, supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations
- Develop and deliver executive updates on priority projects
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for operational improvement for the business, applying knowledge of clinical flow to identify and resolve pain points
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Doctor of Medicine required
- Extensive experience in corporate or commercial strategy for healthcare or pharmaceutical organizations required
- Healthcare and pharma industry experience with a top-tier strategic consulting firm preferred
Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, bringing together the best of the business to drive results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and analytic mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to lead executive-level discussions to influence complex business decisions
- Background in managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization, either as an external consultant or an internal cross-functional lead
- Experience managing cross-functional teams, including management of remote colleagues
- Drive, energy, and passion to advance AbbVie's mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.