Clinical Research Physician - Oncology
Position: Clinical Research Physician - REMOTE
Client: Large Pharmaceutical Client
Duration: 1-year contract with potential extensions
Start Date: Mid-October
The Oncology Therapeutic Area is seeking a physician-scientist to serve as a Study Responsible Physician working on novel anti-cancer compounds in early stages of development, from First-in-Human/Phase 1 until Proof of Concept. In this role, you will reside within the Experimental Medicine and Early Development group and report to the Early Development Clinical Leader for Lung and Colon cancer. You will be responsible for the development and execution of early stage clinical projects as a member of the cross-functional Compound Development Team and as the co-leader of the Clinical Study Team.
- Design and conduct early clinical Phase 1 and Proof-Of-Concept development trials, assess clinical safety and efficacy data, and write clinical study reports, clinical sections of INDs, Investigator Brochures, etc.
- You will also work closely with biomarker, discovery and translational research scientists.
- He or she will interpret reports, prepare oral and written results of product research, and participate in the discussion of strategies formulated within the Tumor Strongholds in disease areas such as prostate or lung cancer.
- This Role Requires a high-performing physician-scientist familiar with clinical and translational research involving biomarkers and correlative laboratory clinical trial endpoints.
- You will be required to collaborate closely with relevant functions within Janssen Pharmaceuticals including discovery, translational, and biomarker research scientists, toxicologists, clinical pharmacologists, drug safety specialists, as well as personnel from Global Clinical Operations, Global Strategic Marketing, and other support functions.
- You will be expected to establish strong working relationships and collaborations with external study investigators, key opinion leaders in drug development, and external alliance partners.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Oncology specific experience in conducting and running clinical studies. Knowledge in Bladder, Prostate, Colon, and/or Lung Cancer is preferred.
- MD, US Based
- Protocol writing and Database cleaning
- Early Clinical Trial Development