Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Accountable for leading the tax planning, technical research and compliance activities. Responsibilities will be carried out with a focus on maximizing corporate income tax savings opportunities and contributing to stakeholder value while ensuring compliance with tax payment and reporting obligation. The position will require effective cross-functional collaboration with external tax advisors, internal departments and Japan parent company.
- Manage and prepare tax provision for DSI (including preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision workpapers, journal entries, documentation of uncertain tax positions and analysis of tax balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances)
- Work closely with outside tax advisors to review and finalize tax provision
- Manage the US Corporate federal (consolidation of four US entities), state and international tax compliance process with internal and external parties
- Oversee the accurate and timely filing of all tax returns prepared by the external tax advisor
- Perform research and draft memorandums related to tax treatment of issues and transactions
- Work closely with external tax advisors to develop and maintain the corporate tax strategy, including recommending proper federal and international tax consideration and evaluating state nexus/unitary requirements
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the impact to management and Japan parent and develop strategies to address legislative changes
- Act as an internal tax resource for the Daiichi Sankyo group to ensure US tax rules are adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring that proper operating internal controls exist, are tested, and are adhered to under this position's purview and associated internal control documents are prepared and updated on a timely basis
- Manage activities with respect to indirect tax activities in the US and abroad including property, sales/use, excise tax, import/customs and VAT
- Oversee and manage all tax controversy matters, including but not limited to effectively managing tax audits and related matters: Support the preparation of tax authority information requests and liaising with tax authorities
- Prepare data and other supporting information in collaboration with external tax advisor as needed for accounting and tax audits
Transfer Pricing and Global Tax
- Assess all intercompany transactions and contracts, existing and new, and the related impact
- Manage segmented product P&L for transfer pricing purposes
- Responsible for calculating and documenting transfer pricing
- Responsible for managing CFC filing and Local filing in collaboration with Japan parent company
- Working with Director, Finance Coordination and Risk Management and other stakeholders to identify tax and projects that support Daiichi Sankyo tax
- Provide legal support and perform tax review of third-party contracts
- Responsible for US tax and related matters in business developments such as input on tax implications of deal structure
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in finance or accounting is required
- CPA, MS/MBA tax or law degree is a plus
- A minimum of five years of corporate tax experience with a preference to Big 4 firms
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech industry is a plus
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.