R&D Associate, VI Next (CRISPR/NGS)
VelocImmune (VI) Next is a technology development group at Regeneron that invents and develops state-of-the-art tools for biologic drug discovery. We are seeking a motivated, highly organized researcher to support our development of CRISPR based therapeutics using next generation sequencing (NGS) and other technologies. This is an opportunity for a researcher with strong molecular & cell biology skills to contribute to the development of industry-leading technologies and medicines.
As the R&D Associate, VI Next, a typical day might include the following:
- Screening gRNAs using NGS to support internal CRISPR based efforts. Preparation and sequencing of NGS libraries.
- Characterization of mice via NGS (next-generation sequencing) and flow cytometry-based phenotyping.
- Conducting and supporting experiments independently and as a team
- Investigating and developing new methodologies and technologies in molecular biology and biological therapeutics.
- Careful, detailed record keeping, data summarization, and presentation of results in formal and informal meetings.
- Tracking sample progress using LIMS system.
This role might be for you if:
- You have strong organizational, time-management, and presentation skills.
- You are an entrepreneurial thinker
- You like to problem-solve and work independently.
- You have the ability and desire to craft experiments.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field. Two years' experience in molecular biology (PCR, qPCR, and extraction/analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins). Knowledge of NGS and sequencing methods is highly desired. Top candidates will possess a general knowledge of immunology, B cell biology, or T cell biology.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.