Sr Manager Commercial Analysis
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Sr Manager, Commercial Analysis is responsible for developing and managing CRM tools, as well as for continuous financial and operational analysis of our existing and pending business portfolio. This individual works with the company's growing Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) Business Unit and will design and support the implementation of business processes to track, manage and report on key project metrics for the CDMO portfolio and pipeline. The position will facilitate and analyze
the entire project acquisition process to facilitate performance tracking and BU decision making on commercial strategy within, including advising the Director of Commercial Development on setting revenue and margin targets for sites, systems, assets and the sales team, and monitoring performance against these objectives. This individual is responsible for the creation and implementation of cross-functional analytical tools used in continuous, proactive analysis of the CDMO portfolio.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads the creation and implementation of analytical tools used by the CDMO teams to provide proactive and reactive portfolio analysis on pipeline and existing business, as well as throughout the project acquisition process. The portfolio analysis will include financial and operational visibility to be used by Commercial Development to drive site and business level accountability of performance to plan, as well as insight into and management of the CDMO business portfolio.
- Accountable for the ongoing administration of data management systems used by the Commercial Development, Sales & Business Development, and Marketing & Customer Experience teams within the CDMO Business Unit.
- Owns the reporting process for the business portfolio including creating customized fields and reports in Salesforce.
- Provides suggestions, innovations, and solutions to drive operational excellence; particular attention to continuous improvement and enhanced automation of software processes
- Manages data on incoming opportunities parsed by project type, scope, site, client profile, technology offering, and geography; tracks critical project metrics; reports on the health of our pipeline and secured/forecasted CDMO business.
- Develops and implements dashboards and delivers reports to executive, financial, operational, site level and BU leadership; ensures data integrity of analytical tools and data inputs.
- Transforms financial and operational data into business intelligence through analysis and integration of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance, identify trends, and suggest strategies that can impact results.
- Identifies prospective target opportunities and works with cross-functional teams in conducting market research, due diligence, modeling, determining appropriate costing, and developing negotiation strategies.
- Communicates effectively with the site operations teams to provide insight used by Commercial Development leadership regarding strategic planning, site utilization, required capabilities, capacity resources, and other requirements.
- Supports the team of sales executives and leadership of the S&BD group in sales team sizing, territory alignment, target setting, sales incentive plan design, implementation and execution.
- May be required to manage a team of commercial analysts.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or post-graduate is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in CDMO industry as commercial development, sales operations, CRM admin / analyst or equivalent role
- CRM administration and data management experience strongly preferred (specific experience with Salesforce is considered an asset, including Salesforce Report and Dashboard buildout)
- Working knowledge of biologics pharmaceutical industry is considered highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and investigative mindset to translate data into business strategy; ability to creatively and diligently gather data into financial and operational models that outline business cases, projections, and scenarios.
- Proven capability to collaborate across organizational boundaries and influencing without authority.
- Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences (including to our senior leaders, clients, and cross-functional, international teams).
- Excellent organizational, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Proven capability to manage multiple, complex projects, meeting tight deadlines, and working well in high stakes situations.
- Attention to detail and financial mindset required.
- Strong IT skills are required. Familiarity with the Microsoft product suite is required.
- Excel expert certification or higher, Salesforce Administrator designation and/or certification (ADM201), and a working knowledge of Hubspot; or an equivalent combination of proficiency and experience, is required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
- There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This information is available upon request from the candidate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.