Associate Desktop Technician
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Perform analyses and implement data, software, or infrastructure solutions to deliver precise, reliable, and reproducible products in a timely manner, under the direction of a more senior leader. Demonstrate technical precision and should possess good understanding of software development, data integration, and infrastructure environments, including one or more of servers, storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments. Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure.
- Completely follow established technical protocols and assess results with supervision. Perform routine tasks competently. Effectively organize work.
- Recognize and report data or technical variances.
- Learn and effectively implement new methods and technologies.
- Consult literature and publically available information to understand purpose of assignments.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent education.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out job functions
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.