Forecasting Senior Manager
General Medicine products, both in-line and pipeline. He or she must be a passionate champion of insights-driven strategy and objective evidence-based decision making.
This person will:
- Lead the design, preparation and maintenance of complex patient and demand-based forecasts and scenarios for US in-line products and global pipeline assets aligned to the needs of cross functional stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional teams for regular forecast cycles including quarterly brand and annual long-range brand and pipeline forecasts
- Lead the development of forecasts and analytic tools in collaboration with external providers
- Proactively use forecasts to support pipeline decision making and to respond to ad-hoc forecast requests
- Leverage in-depth data and analytics skills to recommend and perform or lead in-depth data analysis to create robust assumptions and forecast inputs
- Develop and maintain key collaborative relationships with internal cross functional and external partners to initiate and obtain relevant data and analysis for forecast inputs
- Leverage in-depth biopharma environment understanding to deliver brand and asset level insights from analytics and forecasts
- Confidently present and defend forecast approach, methodology, assumptions, and output at the executive level
- Recommend and lead initiatives dedicated to the advancement and implementation of new forecast approaches and methodology
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree & 4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree & 6 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA)
- 5+ years of forecasting, market research, business analytics or consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of forecasting methodologies, quantitative techniques, marketing analysis, advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, and reporting software
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior and executive management
- Strong project management skills-able to organize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time
- Ability to balance multiple complex projects and work streams simultaneously
- Ability to function independently and lead teams
- Demonstrated exceptional strategic / critical thinking abilities and business acumen
- Broad and detailed knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases
- Experience within therapeutic areas of interest to Amgen Gen Medicine: inflammation, neurology, cardiovascular, respiratory, bone
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.