Associate Director, Medical Education
The Associate Director of Medical Education will build the strategy, planning & execution of independent medical education (IME) grant support. You will enable us to provide expertise by thoroughly understanding professional education and its impact on patient care while serving as a resource for internal Regeneron and Alliance partners.
Our environment includes a multifunctional, matrix organization, working closely with colleagues within Medical Affairs as well as with those in research & development, commercial, access & reimbursement, and patient advocacy. Collaborate with external partners such as educational providers and partners.
You will also be responsible for providing guidance and counsel for our managed care-focused initiatives across all franchises - a defined need given the importance and niche-requirements of that overarching industry. A successful candidate will have knowledge/experience working within/related to the managed care industry.
A typical day would include:
- Assess educational needs in targeted HCP cohorts for therapeutic area interest(s) and provide ongoing gap analyses to internal partners
- Develop and evolve medical education strategy, budget, and plan(s) for grant support that align with overall Medical Affairs strategic imperatives
- Direct and coordinate the receipt and administration of grants.
- Execute the evaluation of grant requests with Grant Review Committee to ultimately improve patient outcomes by supporting professional education programs that advance scientific and medical understanding of relevant disease areas, clinical advances in the management of disease, and evolution of standards of care
- Evaluate outcomes analyses from grant recipients to determine impact of supported programs and collaborate with IME Data Analytics on meta studies determining trends and gaps in professional education
This may be for you if you:
- Are a specialist in CME and want to make an impact on a growing team.
- Ability to engage in collaborative decision making, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a fast-paced and rapidly expanding environment.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving and 'evidence-based decision making'.
- Perform well under pressure.
To be considered for this:
You should have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with an advanced degree a plus. Your experience should include over 8 years with a medical education, communications, agency and/or industry setting. Experience in CME, principles of adult and clinical learning, and outcomes methodology are required. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or medical affairs is helpful.
Expertise with medical and regulatory affairs, drug development, FDA and regulatory guidelines (i.e., PhRMA guidelines, OIG, AMA, ACCME, Sunshine Act, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position
Demonstrate strong written, interpersonal, and excellent verbal communication skills
Show strategic agility and ability to interact with multiple partners
Ability to develop comprehensive and integrated medical educational plans that meets business objectives and successfully disseminates education to positively affect patient care
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.