Director, Enterprise Data Architecture
Fate Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Life Sciences Enterprise Data Architect who will provide the thought leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design necessary to develop robust data and information architecture to leverage data company-wide across functions and solutions. The role will balance multiple projects, analyze business trends and strategy, and adapt to a rapidly evolving company to inform system requirements and to guide solution decisions. The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with key stakeholders across Clinical and Biometrics, Clinical Translation, Research & Development, Technical Operations, and IT, among others, to take an active role in developing and aligning data standards across the Company giving the company flexibility and scale appropriate vision to support multiple cross-functional business units. Proven ability to envision and execute on systems/platforms integrations. This is a fulltime position initially reporting to the SVP, Clinical Translation and is located at our Company's headquarters in San Diego, California.
• Drives and takes the lead in identifying information value opportunities through strategic discussions with Senior Business Leaders as needed and provides decision support.
• Acts as the company representative to define Information and Data Strategies as part of an overall Business Strategy.
• Partners with businesses and through the rationalization of the information value chain, provides strategic recommendations to maximize the value of information assets via their creation, access, and use.
• Confirms and tracks information value by ensuring suitable investment is made on high value data, shared data is well described and aligned to standards and reuse of interfaces is as high as possible.
• Develops and maintains a strategic cross-solution and cross-functional information landscape and flows for all enterprise solutions.
• Improves the overall quality of the enterprise data assets through the effective application of best practice in information architecture.
• Reviews and approves information and data model designs with a focus on those areas influencing interoperability, analytics including compliance with the enterprise information model.
• Ensures integration of project logical data models into the enterprise information model.
• Maintains repositories for representing the data elements including the entities, relationships
and attributes, the information flows, business glossary.
• Participates in the development of Pharma information architecture, which will include a data
model and a common business vocabulary, which will then be used to guide solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio.
• Minimum of 8 or more years of experience as Data and Systems Architect in a relevant
domain/business environment (clinical stage biotech preferred)
• Demonstrated success in designing and implementing highly available and highly scalable big
data systems; 5+ years of experience in leading implementation of highly scalable data
management systems required
• Experience with environments designed to support ingestion and processing of large Genomic,
Digital, EMR, EHR, Omics, Imaging data sets coming from different data sources
• Demonstrated ability to partner with different business units & IT leads to understand business
requirements, and design detailed solutions architecture that meet them
• Regulated experience including GXP, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR.
• Experience with ETL/Real Time Integrations
• Experience with Agile/Continuous Improvements development methodologies
• Previous experience with/working knowledge of AI and machine learning projects to automate
statistical analyses and enterprise reporting
• Experience with process optimization for and stability analysis for CMC support
• Experience with integration of LIMS/MES/QMS/ERP systems
• Modeling production batch schedule based on clinical demand, product in hands and product
• Experience with AWS or similar cloud based computational biology systems to
optimize/organize data storage management for NGS data
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
• 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
• Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees
within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required
from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job 372SC.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company's immuno-oncology product candidates include natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell cancer immunotherapies, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). The Company's immuno-regulatory product candidates include ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.