SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are currently seeking a scientist to support our internal pipeline and technology programs. He/She will perform duties involving development of gene editing and cell line engineering technologies for research discovery and manufacturing programs. We are seeking a highly innovative and creative scientist who has hands‑on experience with molecular gene editing and a core focus on the goal of development of robust protein and antibody expression systems.
The successful candidate will be both a strong lab-based individual contributor and a team player who synergizes with other scientists. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, and verbal/written presentation of findings to the research team and management. The candidate will contribute to key discovery studies which will have a direct impact on the success of our therapeutic programs.
- Demonstrated expertise in cutting edge gene editing technologies, including gRNA design, donor template building, genome cleavage assays, off-target editing evaluation, genomic integration analysis.
- Extensive experience in molecular cloning, vector construction, transfection and viral infection, and transgene expression.
- Experience in generating stable/clonal genetically modified cell lines
- Experience in working with cGMP compliant/quality-controlled procedures is a plus
- Requires Ph.D. degree in a biological science field and minimum 2 years postdoctoral experience in academia or industry
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Genetic editing/engineering of mammalian cell lines, using various transduction methods, CRISPR engineering or other novel editing platforms.
- Develop molecular strategies for genomic engineering by applying the latest genetic manipulation technologies for optimized efficiency and specificity scalable for manufacturing processes.
- Design, generate, and produce DNA constructs using standard cloning techniques including ligation and assembly
- Generate stable/clonal genetically modified cell lines with comprehensive molecular and phenotypic characterization
- Prove scientific leadership with the ability to drive innovation, lead projects and teams, solve technical problems, and work both independently and across functions.