Associate Director, Program Management (Libertyville, IL or Durham, NC or Longmont, CO or San Diego,
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Associate Director, Program Management is responsible for driving project management activities supporting process development and clinical supply.
- Manage projects cross-functionally as well as through external development partnerships.
- \u200b\u200bManage project timelines and budgets, as well as facilitating effective communication and information transfer to and from our development partners and Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs).
- Communicate project status, issues, assessing risks, and proposing solutions to the team.
- Management of timelines and deliverables of tech transfer, process development, and other projects executed at CMOs and development partners.
- Ensure successful deliverables of toxicology and clinical trial material.
- Financial responsibility for tracking development projects, ensuring costs and payments are executed accurately.
- Provide management team with weekly/monthly metrics and progress dashboards reflecting status of all development and manufacturing activities.
- Highlight and escalate issues along with mitigation options/solutions.
- Other project timelines and tracking as required (CMC/IND/BLA).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in science related field; higher level degree: MS, MBA and PMP Certification preferred.
- 8 years of direct, hands-on experience in manufacturing, quality, and contract supplier/customer interactions.
- Strong project management, budget, and presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize detailed information and provide critical insights across manufacturing and supply chain.
- Experience working with contract suppliers and customers (ability to build strong relationships and influence positive results).
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMPs
- 30% - 50% travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.