Scientist - NGS and Antibody Discovery
About TrueBinding Inc.:
TrueBinding Inc., is a biotech startup developing first-in-class immunotherapy antibody drugs to treat cancer, fibrosis, metabolic and neurodegenerative diseases, based on our proprietary TrueBinding platform.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate, who will be responsible for running our NGS workflows supporting our R&D needs encompassing diverse therapeutics portfolio - fibrosis, oncology, metabolic diseases, and neurodegeneration. The successful candidate will become a key team member of the Antibody Therapeutics group deeply involved in making a significant impact within a department driving the execution of therapeutic biologics programs. The qualified candidate would have strong technical and scientific skills with demonstrated hands-on experience in applying various NGS assays including amplicon targeted DNA seq, bulk RNAseq, single-cell RNA-Seq. In this role, you will implement NGS methods and strategies applied to HTP Ab/BCR seq and also RNAseq to a wide range of preclinical projects across a range of animal models of diseases and drug modalities. The ideal candidate will have PhD/MS with 2+ years of additional experience in molecular biology, cell biology, genetics or a related field of research in an academic or industry setting.
• Design and execution of NGS-based technologies (Ab/BCR seq) for the discovery and generation of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies.
• Apply bulk and single cell RNAseq methods to execute molecular profiling of preclinical animal models’ samples from various tissues.
• Apply technical knowledge to isolate RNA/DNA from biological samples from bulk and single cells to recover transcripts and amplicons of interest.
• Generate NGS libraries and sequencing - Library Construction and QC; reagent validation and protocol optimization for RNA-Seq (Bulk and Single Cell) and Amplicon DNA-Seq.
• Contribute to the internal NGS operations from sample preparation, Illumina Miseq and Nextseq operations and maintenance, sequence data QC and analysis.
• Working together in a team environment towards the goals of our therapeutics programs.
Education and Experience:
• MS/PhD in Molecular Biology, Genomics, or related field, with 2+ years of experience in an academic or industry setting.
• Strong hands-on experience with molecular biology methodologies, RT-PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, nucleic acid quantitation and QC, NGS library preparation including RNA-seq and/or DNA-seq.
• Experience with next generation sequencing-based platforms using MiSeq, NextSeq etc.
• Knowledge of different NGS platforms (RNA Sequencing, targeted RNASeq, amplicon-based sequencing, Chipseq, CITE-Seq and or other NGS assays).
• Experience working with low input samples, such a single-cells or pg amounts of genomic material.
• Ability to analyze NGS datasets and antibody V gene sequence analysis is a plus.
• Experience with 10X Genomics, Drop-Seq would be a plus.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.