Hematology Consultant, Multiple Myeloma
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Position: Hematology Consultant, Multiple Myeloma - Little Rock Arkansas 44M4
Direct Manger: Sr. District Business Manager
Location: Field/ Arkansas
We are seeking talented hematology sales professionals with a proven track record and the drive and initiative to sell in markets that revolve around complex science. We have been consistently ranked as one of top sales forces in the industry, because of the knowledge and support the sales team demonstrate to improving the lives of the patients we serve. We are an organization that not only recognizes performance, but also the manner in which performance is achieved.
Hematology Consultants are responsible for achieving all territory sales goals through the promotion, sale and support of company products or services in his/her geographic territory. This territory serves community practices inclusive of those west of Houston, Corpus Christi, and the Rio Grande Valley.
- Communicating with physicians and health care professionals in support of approved product indications.
- Providing customers with assistance in the best application of products, answers all questions concerning products, with appropriate referrals where required.
- Preparing and implementing a comprehensive business plan for territory.
- Contacting prospects and explaining features and benefits of products offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques all within the boundaries of the BMS Promotional Policy.
- Collaborating with a variety of internal cross functional partners to include clinical nurse consultants, patient support specialists, marketers, account managers, Value & Access colleagues and medical service liaisons.
- Planning and organizing promotional speakers' programs in territory in partnership with Speakers Bureau vendor
- Communicating competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management.
- BS in Business or Science; 5+ years sales experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry with at least two years of related hematology/oncology sales strongly preferred ( or proven success in medical field ).
- Proven track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical clinical material clearly and effectively.
- Ability to develop critical relationships with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff within academic hospitals, clinics, and private practice facilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the hematology therapeutic area, products and marketplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare system processes including reimbursement.
- Strong work ethic and ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment.
- Ability to integrate innovative ideas to accomplish corporate and individual objectives.
- Prefer individuals with the desire/ability to relocate for roles of different scope or responsibility.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of "Qualified Driver," as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver's license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.