Chief Scientific Officer
StageBio (www.stagebio.com) is a leading provider of GLP-compliant preclinical/clinical histology, pathology and specimen archiving services for the biopharmaceutical, medical device and contract research industries. We operate locations in VA, OH, MA and MD, with continued investment in facility and technology infrastructure planned to meet the demand for high-quality histopathology services. A growing team of 25+ board-certified Veterinary Pathologists, as well as over 60 laboratory technicians, are employed in support of our unified commitment to quality, scientific integrity and client satisfaction.
StageBio is seeking a full-time Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) to join our company which is experiencing rapid growth. This position is based at either our Marlborough, MA or Frederick, MD location. The successful candidate will be able to perform the following essential duties:
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with CEO and COO to execute the overall company strategy as well as oversee activities needed for tactical implementation.
- Develops and implements standards, practices and procedures that ensure continuity and quality in all scientific areas of StageBio.
- Provide strategic guidance to our preclinical, molecular and clinical operations.
- Build out new functions in the organization needed to facilitate StageBio’s transition into clinical research and molecular pathology.
- Serve as chief spokesperson for StageBio’s scientific strategy- translating the company science into understandable concepts for diverse audiences, ranging from industry leaders and clients to prospective partners.
- Provide guidance for developing capabilities within our industry.
- Work with the StageBio executive leadership team to define/determine appropriate scientific and technology investments and set priorities that align with the overall mission.
- Provide connections to companies that have histopathology, molecular and clinical R&D needs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- MD, PhD or DVM/PhD in a life science discipline
- CAP/CLIA experience
- CRO, biotech or pharma experience
- Clinical experience required; preclinical experience is also preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and effectively collaborate
- Excellent record of technical proficiency
StageBio offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-sponsored health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, life insurance for employees and dependents, flexible paid time off and paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience. StageBio is an equal opportunity employer.