Test Engineer III
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Allergan Aesthetics is always striving to find top scientists to work at our Pleasanton site. Be Bold and grow your career with the pharmaceutical and medical device industry leader!
Test Engineer III - CoolSculpting - Pleasanton, CA
An "ideal" candidate for this role is someone with sound knowledge of software in a medical device manufacturing environment."
Successful candidates will have the following types of experience:
Responsibility for system verification and validation testing for medical devices Responsible for integration testing, mechanical, electrical, software, firmware and system level. The individual is responsible for understanding the requirements of the system and developing the test protocols to ensure the system meets the user and design requirements. He/she isolates, reproduces and tracks defects and verifies fixes. The engineer will assist in the continuous improvement and modification of system. He/she performs assessment and planning of test efforts required for new functions/features under development.
This individual must have strong technical skills complemented by good communications and teamwork qualities. Experience in the structured environment of a regulated industry such as medical devices, aerospace or similar is preferred.
Be a trusted and expert partner in testing. Develop testing requirements and verification plans based on an evaluation of the changes to the system and the assessed risk . Work with mechanical, electrical, software and system engineers to ensure requirements specifications are written in a testable manner. Develop test plans, test procedures and be responsible for verification and validation efforts. Participate in failure mode, hazards and risk control analyses. Develop the test environment and set up regression, integration, and verification and/or validation tests. Design and build test fixtures for V&V activities
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering, or similar degree
- At least 3 years of experience in software and/or system verification roles.
- Hands-on, product integration of medical device systems with embedded software, verification and validation planning, test strategy development, design of test protocols and executing system testing.
- Candidate should be a strong team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear "multiple hats" and perform a wide range of tasks within a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of the product life cycle processes for programmable medical devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, management, and international customers to solve problems and broker information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
- Self-motivated and able to participate both as a team member and an individual contributor
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues
- Ability to handle circuit boards and perform basic hardware troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of electronics lab equipment
- Experience in the regulatory requirements of FDA, IEC 60601, and ISO 13485 is a plus.
ABBVIE LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
- Excellence Focused
- Boundaryless Mindset
- Open and Authentic
- Strategic Foresight
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.