Health Economics Sr Manager
The Health Economics Senior Manager develops and leads a Global Health Economics (GHE) value-evidence strategy for Amgen pipeline/peri-launch assets in the Oncology Therapeutic Area.
1. Integrates with a global research team and program to support the asset, as well as with individual regional and local business units, in alignment with the strategy, tracks and executes the GHE plan and delivers against goals.
2. Coordinates product and project activities.
3. Has budget responsibility and may immediately, or over time direct and develop staff.
4. Contribute to develop strategy and selection of Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) for interventional trials and observational studies. Develops FDA briefing documents for PRO label discussions.
5. Develops core economic models with vendors or Amgen internal center of excellence. Works with Amgen international affiliates to adapt core economic models for regional use
6. Designs existing data studies, develops or approves research project plans, and oversees execution.
7. Develops and communicates the Global Value Dossier (GVD) and final value propositions.
8. Designs or approves GHE-related aspects such as statistical analysis plan (SAP) of observational studies and interventional trials and consults on study execution.
9. Develops and oversees/conducts relevant meta-analysis, PRO, systematic review, utility measurement or other outcomes research study as determined by product evidence generation plans/strategy
10. Helps design product evidence generation strategy and communicate plans to cross functions teams
11. Serves as the GHE representative for the Global Publication Team and coordinates with affiliates and Regional HE on publication plan
12. Prepares GHE publications for dissemination.
13. Develops or consults on global reimbursement strategy and value proposition for payers.
14. Selects and works with study vendors.
Doctorate Degree and 2 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
Master's Degree and 6 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
- Masters or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, Pharmacy Administration or related discipline, or PharmD with a post-doctoral fellowship in one of these areas
- 3+ years' experience in global outcomes research including dossier submissions for reimbursement.
- 3+ years' experience in PRO/HRQOL research including questionnaire design, evaluation, and/or analysis.
- 3+ years' experience developing pharmacoeconomic models.
- Experience working with consumers of outcomes information
- Knowledge of epidemiology, economics, psychometrics and medical writing
- Prior experience in Oncology
Amgen provides a collaborative and creative culture in a company with a strong track record of innovation. Our culture encourages open dialogue and diverse views to land on the best solutions, and we help ensure our staff are equipped to excel today and tomorrow.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Global Health Economics contributes by ensuring patient and payer perspectives are incorporated into the value generated for these innovative biologics. The department is committed to developing comprehensive evidence packages across cost modeling, database analysis, and patient reported outcomes to achieve unparalleled health technology submissions.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.